Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

Just now, keystone3ply said:

For my Christmas gift lists, I'll be giving the flu & COVID vaccines. They'll have to provide their own syringe. :spitting:  

Picturing Santa with a syringe in his hand.... “Santa has something for youuuuu” 😳. And Bobby was a bad boy so he gets the needle with the blunt end. 😈

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

#NotMyVirus idiots in my family as well.  

One family (in law) member takes after her mom (genetics) as doesn’t realize they are included with the common people.

”Hubby and son just got back from OH (okay they have land and probably didn’t see another human), I just got back from extended visit in NC with my friend from MD, yesterday baby sat the grandkid (who goes to daycare) and my friend (from ???)  is up for a day or so.... want to come over for lunch and a visit?” When I asked if we would be outside and distancing there was a pause.... Same person who is ticked at me for not going to a restaurant with her and some of her friends. “We will be outside!”. I know the place and 4 people at an outside table would be touching elbows. Sorry lady I can’t eat pizza through a mask.

on topic (eh)... don’t get complacent...

my 3 steps for making it to my next birthday (just hit 63)..

1) social distance (SD) when humanly possible - even if everyone has masks

2) wear a mask when around others and can’t SD (Idiots in stores who don’t pay attention) - not 100% but better than 0%

3) stay the hell away from people you know don’t take precautions 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, garfield said:

Something tells me that 2021 is not going to be calm no matter what happens with CV-19.

I like the use of "rolling first wave".  It sounds very scientific and proven even though it's general enough to account for virtually any recurrence and imparts a modicum of authority to the user.  Does it work on other forums?  Because it's well-trod standard practice on DCP.

I'd bet some prognosticator a cheap lunch that this years' Christmas spending season will be one for the record books.

It's the new phrase that can be a catch all. Face it though if you are in the 65-74 , 75-84, 85 and up age groups then you need to be full on mask, distance and lock-down. The rest of the age groups should be proactive in distancing / mask's but it seems from the info that you can go to school, work and outside will practicing those precautions without too much fear. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, E3D said:

The primary ages of the WGI and DCI members is 15 to 24 and the deaths and hospitalizations for that age group is very low. 

Seems like if they wear masks and distance then there is a chance to get schools up and running which will eventually lead to WGI and DCI on the road again. 

No vaccine = no audience = no tour.

The only way out of this crisis is to beat the disease.

Unless you're willing to have millions of Americans die from it.

1 hour ago, E3D said:

It's the new phrase that can be a catch all. Face it though if you are in the 65-74 , 75-84, 85 and up age groups then you need to be full on mask, distance and lock-down. The rest of the age groups should be proactive in distancing / mask's but it seems from the info that you can go to school, work and outside will practicing those precautions without too much fear. 

Is it 65 the start age (if you are healthy), thought it was younger. Thinking of staff, teachers, drivers, janitors, etc who would fall under this. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Is it 65 the start age (if you are healthy), thought it was younger. Thinking of staff, teachers, drivers, janitors, etc who would fall under this. 

According to the CDC numbers the deaths and ICU takes a large % increase at 65. 

If I was a teacher over the age of 60 then I would opt out of in school teaching. It would make sense to have that option for those teachers school employees. 

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

No vaccine = no audience = no tour.

The only way out of this crisis is to beat the disease.

Unless you're willing to have millions of Americans die from it.

Back on millions hu? 

You can't beat the disease. You can have a vaccine sure. 

What about polio? Tuberculosis? AIDS? We did not beat it. We have got it down to not a health crises but it many diseases are not beat. Science right?  

27 minutes ago, E3D said:

Back on millions hu? 

You can't beat the disease. You can have a vaccine sure. 

What about polio? Tuberculosis? AIDS? We did not beat it. We have got it down to not a health crises but it many diseases are not beat. Science right?  

To take just your first example:

We in fact beat polio. With a vaccine. At least, in the developed world. Did we completely eradicate it from the planet? No. But it's now endemic in just three countries, and it hasn't been recorded as spreading here in the U.S since the 1970s.

Meanwhile, right now, in this country, we have situations like this:

"65 people attended a wedding in Millinocket, Maine on August 7. As a result, 53 people have now tested positive for COVID-19, and one person is now dead who did not attend but caught it from a guest."

(I've actually been to Millinocket. Curious to know whether there was ever a corps from there or a competition held there -- or if not, what's the closest town where there was?)

43 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

(I've actually been to Millinocket. Curious to know whether there was ever a corps from there or a competition held there -- or if not, what's the closest town where there was?)

Have to check the spelling but reading 1960s info came across Katahdin(sp) Rangers junior corps from Millinocket. Name so unique easier to remember