Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

Just now, garfield said:

Yes, it is.  It provides a reason to be optimistic.

The easiest thing in the world is to be pessimistic.  It takes no effort at all and almost anyone can do it.

Objection! What about snakes?

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

I said was stuck here in a state while politicians constantly lied of the situation then watched people get sick

Kids going to school and doing certain activities  could prove to be very risky as many schools who were opened a short time and found this out. Not sure even why it's even a debate..most schools have already cancelled activities  and all parts of our activity are looking to what that means for WGI and DCI

Could be risky. No one is debating. Schools everywhere are Not going in person and going in person. The choice is not up to parents so it is what it is. Some places will have band rehearsals and some will no doubt continue to do colorguard , indoor percussion during this time. Not a single thing we can do about it.

3 hours ago, Continental said:

Not good to live life with trek as a guide. :lol:

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Here’s the problem with having a family background in transportation, you think off the wall details. The number of buses needed will not stay constant. Some times more will be needed when kids are in school and less when something hits and more are at home. (And multiple districts each doing their thing Independently) Think the cliche is feast or famine. Then if a district needs more drivers and there are laid off drivers from other districts availible fine. Just the headache of drivers running unknown routes. I don’t think gps can have a drop off Route programmed in. Lived on Blue Mountain which was boonie land BITD. CD had their own bus service then but students still had to direct some fill in drivers over the crazy route. When you hear “holy #### I didn’t know we ran buses up here “ you know drivers can get lost. Or better yet “I ain’t driving this (too steep and windy). Get out and walk”.

And not even going to guess the contract headache as number of buses needed and actual number of trips changes back and forth.

one local school had to go virtual because to many teachers claimed medical exemptions. they didn't have enough bodies to do any in person

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, garfield said:

You do realize that you're only defining your version of "the right thing", don't you?

well no because i never stated what the right thing is. the right thing is quite a broad topic that could apply to a million different things. I appreciate your attempt though

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Isn't it pretty to think so?

it is what it is

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Objection! What about snakes?

please that was before murder hornets and firenados

14 minutes ago, E3D said:

Could be risky. No one is debating. Schools everywhere are Not going in person and going in person. The choice is not up to parents so it is what it is. Some places will have band rehearsals and some will no doubt continue to do colorguard , indoor percussion during this time. Not a single thing we can do about it.

So much for optimism?

I've been watching so many marching bands over the past seven or eight years that when I check in on this feed, I find that sometimes I recognize the name of a town I never otherwise would have heard of from another part of the country. Every few hours, that "Faces of COVID" account posts a picture of one of the 170,000+ Americans who have died thus far from the pandemic, along with a short note about the person's life and and a link to his or her obituary. So when I saw this most recent post, for example, although I've never even been to Alabama, I remembered seeing video of the Hoover band in 2015, with a show titled "This Sacred Land," and I remember getting into a little argument with someone on the (now defunct) Music for All forums who was annoyed that Hoover had lost an early season contest to Grissom, whose show was titled "Mysteries of Egypt" (playing some Key Poulan music with tricky rhythms). Based on the footage I saw (in which both bands were a bit rough), I thought the judges got it right. Anyway, this is a sobering account to monitor:

• Sad 1