Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

MikeD shut your eyes for a few seconds 🤪

Some well known person who works in Washington DC was giving a talk..... and this was the welcoming committee on the motorcade route

and be wasn't visiting Dunder-Mifflin lol...

I saw today some pictures posted by a friend on another social media platform of a marching band rehearsal. The High School kids looked happy. It was in New Hampshire. 

8 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I've been calling our school the "Den of COVID".  I may just shorten not to "COVID Den"  but it just doesn't sound a cool.  😷

How many is in the Den? 

Edited by E3D

8 hours ago, garfield said:

So, we can forget all the cleaning and fogging and surface scouring and hand sanitizer then?

Probably save hundreds of millions of dollars.

those infected still come back with it the next day theyre allowed in.the cleaning and fogging and surface scouring and hand sanitizer doesn't make it leave the kids

2 hours ago, E3D said:

The primary ages of the WGI and DCI members is 15 to 24 and the deaths and hospitalizations for that age group is very low. 

Seems like if they wear masks and distance then there is a chance to get schools up and running which will eventually lead to WGI and DCI on the road again. 

we'll be well into 2021 before things are calm. it's a rolling first wave.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

we'll be well into 2021 before things are calm. it's a rolling first wave.

Something tells me that 2021 is not going to be calm no matter what happens with CV-19.

I like the use of "rolling first wave".  It sounds very scientific and proven even though it's general enough to account for virtually any recurrence and imparts a modicum of authority to the user.  Does it work on other forums?  Because it's well-trod standard practice on DCP.

I'd bet some prognosticator a cheap lunch that this years' Christmas spending season will be one for the record books.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, garfield said:

I'd bet some prognosticator a cheap lunch that this years' Christmas spending season will be one for the record books.

And one for the record books for shipping instead of face to face delivery..... especially for people on my gift list who think precautions are for other people or you can’t catch anything from family members... 🤯

Edited by JimF-LowBari

10 hours ago, E3D said:

How many is in the Den? 

High school has approximately 1k students plus faculty & staff.  But so far I've only seen one teacher remove their mask & it looks like all students are doing a good job of following the mask policy from the state mandate.  (Yes, we have a state mandate from the governor in which I totally agree.)

We've only had one teacher test positive since opening.  We've hired a temporary night crew that have the new spraying machines (foggers) to disinfect every room overnight.  I'll now pause to knock on wood for good luck.   😷🤧🤓☠️      

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And one for the record books for shipping instead of face to face delivery..... especially for people on my gift list who think precautions are for other people or you can’t catch anything from family members... 🤯

#NotMyVirus idiots in my family as well.  

• Thanks 1