So...Will There Be A 2021 Season?

11 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Covid-19 is only one concern drum corps is dealing with. There is also the financial health of the activity, which in even good times is precarious. There is the member safety issues that have plagued the activity that have been brought to light in recent years, including sexual harassment, dietary deficiencies and medical treatment. And there is the arms race in A&E and props, etc. Obtaining Housing and performance venues were increasingly difficult to procure even before the virus hit and now are ten times as difficult to lock down. All these issues and more constitute grave issues confronting drum corps today.

####...dominating facts

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

There are skeptical parents and then there are parents who's kids have been going to school all year. 

and there are school officials worried about liability about letting outsiders in.

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Barneveld said:

Must be run by the same folks who hosted the original Massachusetts vaccination website.😠

well it's not the office staff they laid off

7 hours ago, Continental said:

Or someone tripped on the power cord to the server. 

hopefully it wasnt the band parent at DCA in 18 that unplugged the live feed so they could plug in a coffee pot

• Haha 2

so now the question is how long til DCI emails me offering the sweet deal of using what I paid for 2 nights for Allentown 2020 that didn't happen to instead see 5 corps in August

2 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

There was good news yesterday from DCI! Enjoy the good news. 

I wish all 2021 performers a safe and life-changing experience - one in which the opportunity to be part of something so much bigger than themselves transforms them into something greater than they currently are. 

• Like 1