2021 Season Question for DCI & the Participating Corps

On 4/12/2021 at 8:19 PM, O'Neal's said:

What was the reasons some back before the vaccine came out giving for not wanting to take the vaccine? 

Did anyone call them names back then? 

yes. idiots.

• Haha 2

On 4/12/2021 at 8:52 PM, O'Neal's said:

It is a bit out there the conspiracy stuff. 

For DCI I don't know but It should be possible for the corps to require the vaccine? That seems like sound proactive actions. If someone has health issues and can't take it no problem. 

some corps are requiring it. IMO biggest reason is liability protection

14 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Thanks for this info - now we can do some math.

Other thread said for NCAA capacity of stadium currently 15,400.  That is for entire stadium.  Cutting this by 1/2 (because I don't think DCI will sell seats behind the curtain) gives a capacity of 7,700. 

7,700 x $265 = $2,040,500

I would also guess that seats for a single night's performance would be more than $88 (265/3). 

So let's say $2.1M.

Doe we know how much LOS stadium charges for the 3-day event?

and the Ticketmaster cut

• Like 1

12 hours ago, traverbanking said:

Several posters have asked about the rent for LOS. The answer may be 0. When Indianapolis was trying to entice DCI to make a long-term commitment to hold their championship in Indianapolis, I believe they offered DCI a ten-year free stadium rental.That ten-year contract ran out several years ago. DCI signed a contract extension, but I do not know whether the contract extension continued the $0 rental. I believe LOS is owned by the city and can be used for certain conventions that take place in Indianapolis. Few conventions take place during the summer, so DCI fills hotel rooms that would otherwise be empty. DCI fans eat at local restaurants and the corps buy food to feed the corps at local supermarkets. DCI has gone without a lot of their usual income generators during the last year: ticket puchases, souvenir sales, recording sales,Friends of DCI renewals, partners of DCI renewals, etc.

the stadium was never free. the costs were based on attendance, so 09 and 10 would have been the least DCI paid

35 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

he usually calls them worse, but only if he doesn't need a stool to see eye to eye with them

Oh you know me so well 😈 (grumpy ###ed retired person)

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes. idiots.

I don't remember anyone here on the forum using those words when a few of those popular people were making those types of public comments.  

There should have been but no one did. Pardon the interruption on your flaming of the threads. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

I don't remember anyone here on the forum using those words when a few of those popular people were making those types of public comments.  

There should have been but no one did. Pardon the interruption on your flaming of the threads. 

Much harsher labels have been used more often on this forum with far less criticism and analysis.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Since I’m the one who used the “I-word” 🙄 I’ll respond. See it on Twitter which has some “interesting” (another I-word) opinions. That’s where my flaming was directed to. IMO lot of conspiracy theories in just about anything there. Keep thinking of the Dr Strangelove movie where fluoridation of water is a communist plot. 
For us old timers makes the drum corps (RAMD) newsgroup look tame even with CB. 

I agree with your use of the idiots - in my opinion that is the group some of the conspiracy stuff falls into. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Continental said:

Much harsher labels have been used more often on this forum with far less criticism and analysis.

Ahh but see this time I agree with the label to a degree. I was pointing out that earlier back in say the year 2020 some very popular folks were making comments about the vaccine that fall into the idiot category. I was not criticizing Jim's use of the label in his context but merely pointing out that there was a chance to call some an idiot earlier but I'm not sure some would like that. 

Not everything thing has to derail into a personal conflict. I'm not trying to argue with the label in other words. 

Edited by O'Neal's