2021 Season Question for DCI & the Participating Corps

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok I should have said the reasons that IMO are “out there” mostly came from twitter. And one or two people I know. And by “out there” I mean those who feel Covid and vaccines is all a govt plot, etc etc. 

Anyone who doesn’t want to get the vaccine due to health concerns I can accept their reasoning. Especially worries about side affects. It’s the “they’re out to get us” ones that make me go -> 🙄

It is a bit out there the conspiracy stuff. 

For DCI I don't know but It should be possible for the corps to require the vaccine? That seems like sound proactive actions. If someone has health issues and can't take it no problem. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok I should have said the reasons that IMO are “out there” mostly came from twitter. And one or two people I know. And by “out there” I mean those who feel Covid and vaccines is all a govt plot, etc etc. 

Anyone who doesn’t want to get the vaccine due to health concerns I can accept their reasoning. Especially worries about side affects. It’s the “they’re out to get us” ones that make me go -> 🙄

It's great you and others on this forum got the first/second shots of the vaccine.  I'm looking forward to getting mine.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

It is a bit out there the conspiracy stuff. 

For DCI I don't know but It should be possible for the corps to require the vaccine? That seems like sound proactive actions. If someone has health issues and can't take it no problem. 

It would be interesting if someone would fight DCI or a corps requiring Covid vaccination. I have no idea but wonder if corps require vaccinations for measles and other diseases. 

8 minutes ago, Continental said:

It's great you and others on this forum got the first/second shots of the vaccine.  I'm looking forward to getting mine.  

Hope you get one soon. I really owe my lady friend big time for telling me the county had so many openings they were allowing everyone to sign up. Since then I’ve read other places are doing that. Figure I beat the rush now that state is opening up everywhere early

Edited by JimF-LowBari

55 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

There were people in the public saying they were sceptics with taking the vaccine. Then suddenly they were all for it. I don't remember reading any name calling or pointing to them. That is all I'm saying. 

The people who don't want to get it now have various different reasons for not taking it. 

I was skeptical at first but I did some research and my husband did much more than I  and he convinced me to get the JNJ Janssen vaccine.  There are people who don’t want it and I’m fine with that. I’m not here to shame people or tell them what *I* think they should do.   Get it, don’t get it...🤷‍♀️

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was skeptical at first but I did some research and my husband did much more than I  and he convinced me to get the JNJ Janssen vaccine.  There are people who don’t want it and I’m fine with that. I’m not here to shame people or tell them what *I* think they should do.   Get it, don’t get it...🤷‍♀️

Knowing people who have had bad (and rare) side effects to medication I was kind of glad I wasn’t at head of the list to get vaccinated. After hearing and reading (some here) how the side effects were I felt a lot better about getting it

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Knowing people who have had bad (and rare) side effects to medication I was kind of glad I wasn’t at head of the list to get vaccinated. After hearing and reading (some here) how the side effects were I felt a lot better about getting it

I had a day of feeling like 💩 and now it’s like it never happened. 

• Like 2