Sat July 31 - the music in Madison

As the show has sold out the home side, the backfield is open! Five bucks General Admission plus a $5.95 service fee.

I’m on the 50 front row visitor’s side for the first half, on my back, relaxing on a hard steel bench.

i will head to real seat in homestand after intermission.

• Like 1

I'm in section B, Row 1, On the 15 yard line. Yikes!

The stadium is beautiful

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That should be interesting.  I haven’t been in Sun Prairie since ‘99.  I don’t think they ever had Drum On there before.  I could be wrong. 

I can't remember one myself. We used to compete in the summers in Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Iowa in a circuit called MACBDA (Mid American Competing Band Directors Association). I worked with a youth arts group out of the Warren-Youngstown OH area called the Warren Jr. Military Band. The group included local high school students from the Northeast Ohio area. We would spend a lot of our time in Sun Prairie as our central location for many of the shows. The band directors up there were so helpful is getting us housed. The tour was roughly 3 1/2 weeks. Our students loved it. It was a chance to perform, meet lots of new friends from the various bands up there. The Sound of Sun Prairie was the summer competing ensemble portion of the Sun Prairie local school system and they were always really good. Often we would take the kids over to Whitewater to see a DCI show which was always a fun time for the members. SP is a great little town northeast of Madison. 

• Like 2

Colt Cadets done. Nice effort! Nice trombone soloist who switches to tuba to support that section.

I like that sorta thing.

Nightly Architecture Report

The building across the field is asymmetrical - on purpose. The stands across the field WAS symmetrical until they decided to add more stands on the right side across the end zone.

Enjoy the perspective!!!