Phantom Regiment 2022

39 minutes ago, legacy said:

I really think this group knows what they are trying to do for this season. 

Phantom top 3 is not in thier aim..

They are trying to do a new course  of phase in thier trajectory... let them get it right as they always do and see how this pans out over the course of a planned program. 

Much like Boston, this is a program that takes time. 

I'm so happy to see regiment back at it... can't wait to see what their finals position this year brings them next year 🙌 

Nothing good happens over night... give this corps time.

They always make it with a few years under their belt. 

Well said. It’s always like a game of chicken this part of the tour. Who will stop adding new stuff last?

22 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Anyone else hum along ( or I dunno maybe even sing ) to shows as you play them in the car? BITD we'd ride around and do that all day long to every corps' recordings as we got into mischief along the way. Nowadays, PR is one of the few corps I will have seen/heard enough to remember what the heck I'm humming. 

I don't hum them when I am listening. I DO however, hum them when I am NOT listening and then go back and watch/listen to test my perfect/relative pitch memory. I started my musical "career" as a singer and still love pitch memory games to this very day. 

• Like 2

Another solid performance in Atlanta. I listened to SCV for the first time. They have a really fine show. Bluecoats is just so much like an acid trip, it just seems self-indulgent to me. And the 10x life sized Dale Earnhardt in back creeps me out. They play the heck out of it, but geesh! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

Another solid performance in Atlanta. I listened to SCV for the first time. They have a really fine show. Bluecoats is just so much like an acid trip, it just seems self-indulgent to me. And the 10x life sized Dale Earnhardt in back creeps me out. They play the heck out of it, but geesh! 

If I’m gonna do an acid trip, I want it to be my own not someone else’s interpretation of it! LOL

• Like 1

Passed up Mandarins tonight by .05! I’m liking how much they’re trending up right now in comparison to the corps they’re around. If they can just get some more GE going, they’ll be golden by Finals.

Edit: Score correction since I can’t read correctly

Edited by college-phan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, college-phan said:

Passed up Mandarins tonight by .5! I’m liking how much they’re trending up right now in comparison to the corps they’re around. If they can just get some more GE going, they’ll be golden by Finals.

I think they have more coming fo sho! Let’s see what happens come Allentown.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, college-phan said:

Passed up Mandarins tonight by .5! I’m liking how much they’re trending up right now in comparison to the corps they’re around. If they can just get some more GE going, they’ll be golden by Finals.

The margin was 0.05. Great news because it shows improvement, but I'd consider them even, as 0.05 is just noise. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

While everyone is looking at Phantom coming out on top of the Mandarins by a hair.  I'm looking at the spread to the Cavies and going. 👀

• Like 2

On 7/29/2022 at 10:18 PM, legacy said:

I really think this group knows what they are trying to do for this season. 

Phantom top 3 is not in thier aim..

They are trying to do a new course  of phase in thier trajectory... let them get it right as they always do and see how this pans out over the course of a planned program. 

Much like Boston, this is a program that takes time. 

I'm so happy to see regiment back at it... can't wait to see what their finals position this year brings them next year 🙌 

Nothing good happens over night... give this corps time.

They always make it with a few years under their belt. 

Maybe so, but achieve and “maintain” top 5 and win some captions needs to be their never ending top priority that drives every decision they make.  They need to win at least one caption per year, especially brass and percussion.  Sponsors will be easier to get and it will attract more experienced, more mature talent.  

I would rather still be called “the best corps to never win” with a continuous top 5 presence than the peaks and valleys this corp is consistent at, and their valleys can be quiet wide at times.