Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

On 7/5/2022 at 6:23 PM, 2000Cadet said:

Crown is going to win their second Championship as well as win brass. I'm calling it now.

D3A93CC0-4B27-4350-B261-48D1DE30CAC2.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2022 at 6:23 PM, 2000Cadet said:

Crown is going to win their second Championship as well as win brass. I'm calling it now. 

The Ott trophy is definitely staying with Crown, they do have a Championship level show but they will be competing with Blue Devils for gold and it might come down to has the better percussion line. I'm a little surprised your calling it so early in the season, lol..

11 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I'm a little surprised your calling it so early in the season, lol..

Who would ever think to judge one corps against another? I would hope there isn’t a thread specifically dedicated to giving their personal opinions on the outcome of the entire season based on nothing more than bias, wishes, and prayers!

*Looks at the thread just under this one*

oh shucks…

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ndrudy2013 said:

The Ott trophy is definitely staying with Crown, they do have a Championship level show but they will be competing with Blue Devils for gold and it might come down to has the better percussion line. I'm a little surprised your calling it so early in the season, lol..

Just to clarify, my follow-up was a response to 2KCad’s, Crown favored prognostications. 

H@ll,  the last time I was in a field show, there was nothing but right angles and company fronts. At a level of competition so far below DCI as to not even count. 

This show is already a contender for a CrownGOAT [for me, personally], but I won’t pretend for a moment to know the number that gets hung on it the night of 8/13/22.

Edited by nsxanax
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, wigwam said:

Agree, that part of the voice over seemed unnecessary and distracting,   Glad they removed it.  

Hope they continue to remove even more of the voiceover 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Big Bird said:

I don’t understand why all of you are arguing that the crown show is the only one that can have meaningful additions/room to grow. I think it’s completely fair to say that Crown has massive potential or even better talent than other groups but the idea that no other show that’s competing with Crown has room to grow is honestly ridiculous. Boston can add plenty. Bluecoats can add plenty. SCV, BD, Cavaliers can all add more to their shows. We’re just now entering the second week of competition. No shows are finished. 

First day on DCP? 

• Haha 8

I cannot stop watching Crown’s show. It is so musically and visually appealing. This is definitely a championship show. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I'm just as surprised but Crown has sold me on this. They haven't sold me on anything since Inferno. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ndrudy2013 said:

Percussion is one of Blue Devils strengths, but they lost twice to SCV this year. Are they the monolith of past years, NO!!! The key to Crown if they want to succeed will be in GE, executing a strong visual program and having that color guard and percussion push themselves until August 13th - they have 36 days to max out this show! 

Very intrigued to see how this week of cleaning works out for Crown.  Can't wait to see how CrownBEAT goes, especially since they will be competing against Boston for the first time this season. 

• Like 2