Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

5 minutes ago, MBo1974 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I am feeling another Chandelier reference late(r) in the show ... something with the 123123 ... might be cool.

Crown has a history of reprising the opener during the closer, so I could see this happening.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MBo1974 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I am feeling another Chandelier reference late(r) in the show ... something with the 123123 ... might be cool.

I am sooooo hoping for this! I want to hear more of it from them and I think it would definitely get the crowd on it's feet!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, old drmmjr said:

I am sooooo hoping for this! I want to hear more of it from them and I think it would definitely get the crowd on it's feet!

Yep, some cool countdown moment in the closer referencing that part of the song would be really cool.

After having watched every live Flo offering to date and a replay of BA that’s been posted on YouTube, I’ve come to the following conclusions for Crown ‘22:

1) Irrespective of final placement at season’s end, my favorite show since Relentless. By a wide margin.

2) Crown’s never won their home show. I’m no handicapper, but I guarantee the audience response at NightBEAT will be verge on hysteria.

3) Likewise, LOS will go nuts. If they can tweak/clean/some Zingaliesque flash of brilliance the closer, we’ll see a standing O for the ages.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, nsxanax said:

After having watched every live Flo offering to date and a replay of BA that’s been posted on YouTube, I’ve come to the following conclusions for Crown ‘22:

1) Irrespective of final placement at season’s end, my favorite show since Relentless. By a wide margin.

2) Crown’s never won their home show. I’m no handicapper, but I guarantee the audience response at NightBEAT will be verge on hysteria.

3) Likewise, LOS will go nuts. If they can tweak/clean/some Zingaliesque flash of brilliance the closer, we’ll see a standing O for the ages.

If anyone is to pull off a Zingaliesque finishing touch, it's definitely going to be Sacktig. And that's not me being a homer, that's just me saying he knows his #### and is probably the closest thing we have to Zingali in todays modern drum corps.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

If anyone is to pull off a Zingaliesque finishing touch, it's definitely going to be Sacktig. And that's not me being a homer, that's just me saying he knows his #### and is probably the closest thing we have to Zingali in todays modern drum corps.

Crazy thing is he is the humblest guy in person.  He does have the gift though.  

• Like 3

Okay I’m going to probably really be showing my age here, but specifically what do you mean by this “gift?”  I know that Zengali is legendary, but I need to be enlightened a bit on this part lol. 

6 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Okay I’m going to probably really be showing my age here, but specifically what do you mean by this “gift?”  I know that Zengali is legendary, but I need to be enlightened a bit on this part lol. 

He was the legend who wrote the cross to cross drill for Star, and so many of the legendary Cadets drill moves from the 80s, particularly the Z pull. 

I'm a youngin, only 31, so if I need to be corrected then someone with more knowledge of that time can take over. That's just a small bit of info I know.

9 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Not hard to research, which I do enjoy. You learn so much. 

Jeff Sacktig is a former drum corps member and current visual designer. He is mostly known for writing the drill for 9-time DCI World Champions "The Cadets", though he has also worked with Capital Regiment, Magic of Orlando, and other marching bands and indoor percussion ensembles. Jeff was a member of from 1986 to 1989, playing soprano. During his tenure, he was featured as a soloist multiple times.

Sacktig began working with visual program of The Cadets in the early 1990s, eventually becoming the corps' drill writer. His drill style is heavily influenced by that of former Cadets designers George Zingali and Marc Sylvester. His drill often involves large, sweeping curvilinear forms, in contrast to the more compact geometric style of Michael Gaines. His drill is often fast and high-risk, with many exposed block rotations and pass-throughs.

In 2005 and 2006, Sacktig experimented with a "representational" style, using drill formations to communicate meaning within the context of the program. This is most evident in "Liquid," the second section of the 2005 show, "The Zone," where waves, a fish, a waterfall, a faucet and a working showerhead are all incorporated into forms.

Sacktig's drill for the 2007 show, "This I Believe," seems to have abandoned this concept, as the corps as a whole "returned to tradition" somewhat. The drill for the 2007 show seems to borrow heavily from the 1998 show, "Stonehenge," which Sacktig considers his best work.

Source:https://sites.google.com/a/brvgs.k12.va.us/lukegall/my-mentor

• Thanks 1