Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

I knew about the wave, fish, and waterfall in 2005, but I don't think I ever noticed the faucet and showerhead. I'll have to go back and rewatch.

The umbrella, hammer, and (funny enough now) crown are formed in the 2006 ballad. Representing “Alice” remembering Liquid, the drum feature, and the chess game (Dancer in the Dark ballad) from the 2005 show. The end of the 2006 opener had a keyhole (like in a door) rotating and turning into an eyeball

9 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

He was the legend who wrote the cross to cross drill for Star, and so many of the legendary Cadets drill moves from the 80s, particularly the Z pull. 

I'm a youngin, only 31, so if I need to be corrected then someone with more knowledge of that time can take over. That's just a small bit of info I know.

Not sure if you know this or not, but he came up with the cross to cross drill when he went to a church in New Jersey, it was all in his head and never wrote it down on a drill chart. Supposedly Star learned the drill to it and ended practice at 3:00am with Zingali showing them how do it without a drill chart..

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

Not sure if you know this or not, but he came up with the cross to cross drill when he went to a church in New Jersey, it was all in his head and never wrote it down on a drill chart. Supposedly Star learned the drill to it and ended practice at 3:00am with Zingali showing them how do it without a drill chart..

I always heard he wrote it on a napkin. I did know they practiced it until 3 am, and didn't use a drill chart. That move will forever live rent free in my mind. My favorite drill move of all time. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

The umbrella, hammer, and (funny enough now) crown are formed in the 2006 ballad. Representing “Alice” remembering Liquid, the drum feature, and the chess game (Dancer in the Dark ballad) from the 2005 show. The end of the 2006 opener had a keyhole (like in a door) rotating and turning into an eyeball

I wasn't big on the 2006 show. 2005 is superior in my opinion. Not to diminish the 2006 show though.

• Like 1

Who wants to take bets that for the Texas tour the "favorite song" bit gets changed to The Yellow Rose of Texas? I could see it happening after Avon went down for the San Antonio Super Regional and did an on-field warmup with it with Matt Harloff at the helm.

Edited by Incognito365
Added video.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

I still can't believe they don't play a single line from Jesus Jones. Big missed opportunity there in my opinion. Replace one of the "Right Here, Right Now"s with a Mello lick of the chorus or something.

Yes!!!  Still time to do it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Who wants to take bets that for the Texas tour the "favorite song" bit gets changed to The Yellow Rose of Texas? I could see it happening after Avon went down for the San Antonio Super Regional and did an on-field warmup with it with Matt Harloff at the helm.

Swapping out the song bit based on the venue ala Cavies with their stand up comedy jokes bit would be a nice touch.   They could save "Back Home Again in Indiana" for finals.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Swapping out the song bit based on the venue ala Cavies with their stand up comedy jokes bit would be a nice touch.   They could save "Back Home Again in Indiana" for finals.

I was just discussing this with a friend, which is why I made the post. I understand why they continue to use Carolina in My Mind, but I do think if certain state have a song big enough for the local audiences to recognize it they should go for it. Yellow Rose of Texas, Sweet Home Alabama, Blue Moon of Kentucky, You and I (Nebraska), New York New York (or Empire State of Mind for the younger crowd), etc.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I was just discussing this with a friend, which is why I made the post. I understand why they continue to use Carolina in My Mind, but I do think if certain state have a song big enough for the local audiences to recognize it they should go for it. Yellow Rose of Texas, Sweet Home Alabama, Blue Moon of Kentucky, You and I (Nebraska), New York New York (or Empire State of Mind for the younger crowd), etc.

I LOVE this idea!!!!