2022 Season Predictions

1 minute ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

That’s a bit of a checkmate😂well played. For me, having any bit of knowledge about marching arts stuff began in 2014 so that era of BK is all I know and really liked, that doesn’t mean I’ll hate a corps though if they go a different direction. With that being said, I’m definitely not too big a fan of BK’s show this year haha, and I do like Crown from 2017 onward, besides “beast” it honestly didn’t do much for me

It just goes to show how dramatic of a difference a design team or really just ONE designer can make to a corps’ identity and one’s own personal enjoyment of a corps. And of course their placements as well. 

I LOVE every single BD show from 2008 to present but will I have the same love for them when the current design team eventually moves on? Who knows, maybe I won’t. Unless you have marched with a specific corps, it is very difficult to just blindly stay loyal to that corps. That’s why I thought it was kinda funny that he said I “hated” Crown. How can I hate a specific corps, they haven’t done anything to me. All I can do is dislike specific shows and unfortunately the design team change at Crown has led to shows that are just not my cup of tea so far

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

It just goes to show how dramatic of a difference a design team or really just ONE designer can make to a corps’ identity and one’s own personal enjoyment of a corps. And of course their placements as well. 

I LOVE every single BD show from 2008 to present but will I have the same love for them when the current design team eventually moves on? Who knows, maybe I won’t. Unless you have marched with a specific corps, it is very difficult to just blindly stay loyal to that corps. That’s why I thought it was kinda funny that he said I “hated” Crown. How can I hate a specific corps, they haven’t done anything to me. All I can do is dislike specific shows and unfortunately the design team change at Crown has led to shows that are just not my cup of tea so far

For me, it isn’t a matter of visual package, as for some that is a deal breaker more so than music, but if the musical program isn’t any kind of intriguing or captivating, I cannot even give a corps the time of day, my day just simply gets worse😂It’s what stands out to me in the top 6 in typical years, and I’m glad that the top 6 this year have for the most part, engaging musical programs. My order would be something like: BD, Crown, Bloo, Boston, SCV…the 6th spot is up in the air, but I’ll just say Cavies. Weirdly enough that could be how the finals standings play out(If cadets end up in 6th somehow, my music rankings would have them ahead of SCV, maybe Boston lol). AND!! The bottom six no matter how it shapes out is looking really good as well in that department, minus BK and Crossmen, as purely a spectator and not being malicious, I do hope Colts unseats one of them at the end. I know ALL of Texas is gonna be throwing babies at Phantom these next few weeks, they just speak to what Texans love when it comes to the marching arts😂 BOOMING, powerful brass!! If cadets don’t make top 6, they’re great, Cavies are there, Blue Stars is so refined in their approach musically so I’m liking what I’m hearing, Mandarins has some very nice moments. Great top 12 it’s shaping up to be when I was very skeptical of what it could be at the start of the year!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I know jokes are hard for you but it was a joke

They're hard for a lot of folks around here...

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

So you only liked their design team from that era then, not the corps? 😉

Touche.

I preferred their identity from that era.

2 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

That’s a bit of a checkmate😂well played. For me, having any bit of knowledge about marching arts stuff began in 2014 so that era of BK is all I know and really liked, that doesn’t mean I’ll hate a corps though if they go a different direction. With that being said, I’m definitely not too big a fan of BK’s show this year haha, and I do like Crown from 2017 onward, besides “beast” it honestly didn’t do much for me

Beast, musically, was a masterpiece in my opinion, and one that I listen to frequently. It's just hard to get those uniforms out of my mind. I thought they were so cool at the time, but hindsight is 20/20...it's like looking back through your pictures and finding an outfit you loved 20 years ago that you wouldn't be caught dead in today.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Beast, musically, was a masterpiece in my opinion, and one that I listen to frequently. It's just hard to get those uniforms out of my mind. I thought they were so cool at the time, but hindsight is 20/20...it's like looking back through your pictures and finding an outfit you loved 20 years ago that you wouldn't be caught dead in today.

Beast was good but it was missing something, like a little bit of seasoning to make it really hit. 

11 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Beast was good but it was missing something, like a little bit of seasoning to make it really hit. 

The only good thing visually about that show was the teeter totter, but it was so underutilized and sat there for 95% of the show. So much potential gone to waste with that show. I thought they were going to go with a "The Beast Within" design but boy was I wrong...

• Like 1