Show announcements and Streaming options

17 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Come to Huntsville! Lol

I can see it now. Drum Corps International proudly presents, Drums Along the Prison Yards. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I can see it now. Drum Corps International proudly presents, Drums Along the Prison Yards. 

No worse than the stadium down street from the paper(?) mill in Johnsonburg, PA. Never saw a smoke stack belch black, white, orange 😳and purple 😱 smoke in a 20 or so minute period. 😬

Home to Senior show in 70s and OC few years back.

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

No worse than the stadium down street from the paper(?) mill in Johnsonburg, PA. Never saw a smoke stack belch black, white, orange 😳and purple 😱 smoke in a 20 or so minute period. 😬

Home to Senior show in 70s and OC few years back.

That must have been an interesting site to see.

3 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

That must have been an interesting site to see.

When we first saw it first thought was “how many more hours are we going to be breathing this ####”?

edit: googled Johnsonburg factory and it’s a paper mill. Google Johnsonburg smell and get some nasty hits (rotten cabbage, diaper pail needs emptied, etc) 🤮🤮🤮

Edited by JimF-LowBari

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

When we first saw it first thought was “how many more hours are we going to be breathing this ####”?

edit: googled Johnsonburg factory and it’s a paper mill. Google Johnsonburg smell and get some nasty hits (rotten cabbage, diaper pail needs emptied, etc) 🤮🤮🤮

That's pretty bad. I mean real bad.

• Thanks 1

Here is the funny thing, if DCI moved to Huntsville it actually wouldn't be all that bad. They could perform at Bowers, there is plenty of space for corps to find rehearsal sites (I know some corps' have stayed in Brenham for the Houston show in the past.... It's a hour drive from Brenham to Houston and ironically Brenham to Huntsville), lots of BBQ and it would introduce the locals to something new. Frankly, the old message that most corps, including The Cavaliers, to get kids off the streets is still alive unfortunately. I could give examples from where I work, but in terms of what I see... maybe something positive could happen for the town. And on top of that the music program is pretty decent... sooooo. Lol!

On 4/12/2022 at 6:46 PM, Terri Schehr said:

Mine got so much better after I moved from cable hell to fiber heaven. I know this will be hard to believe, but Charlotte county, Florida has fiber but the second largest city in Illinois doesn’t. 

I think there is a lot of misunderstanding about how fiber gets to which areas. In most areas with large populations, it works counter to what we might think. Usually large areas have to go through Co-Ops to lay the amount of cable, install the hubs etc. It's a big task. Hell we got fiber in Chattanooga (aka "Gig City") before Atlanta got it. But we also have TVA here so I'm sure there was government influence on that decision and certainly some big money changing hands. 

My mom finally got fiber down in Ocala this past year. The cable there was simply wretched. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 12:56 PM, OldSnareDrummer said:

Hey, it worked for Johnny Cash!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1