Santa Clara Vanguard 2022

1 minute ago, valjean said:

I disagree with the first half of the quoted text but I agree with the second half

I for the life of me can't understand why this is happening though. There was plenty of continuity between 2017, 2018, and 2019, but each show was very distinct. 2022 so far feels like elements of each combined and as a result seems to be lacking in creativity, conceptually. I'm not sure if that's on the program coordinator, or it it perhaps goes to higher-ups in the "braintrust" or whatever you want to call it.

Did that staff shake-up they went through have more effect on total corps psyche than they thought it would? 

• Sad 1

Just now, OldSnareDrummer said:

Did that staff shake-up they went through have more effect on total corps psyche than they thought it would? 

Possibly, but that would have happened long after the design choices had already been made so it's a moot point. 

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

I feel like the designers don't really know what made 2018 so popular or effective, and are just trying to blindly recreate that success without truly understanding how to make that happen. The music is bland, the same chromatic scalar gestures and isolated hits they've been doing for years without real long-form musical ideas that create cohesion or musical intelligence. The ballad is nice sounding (as they usually are), but feels more like a standalone entity than integrated into the show. Overall it's just kind of meh, lots of demand without any soul...and the uniforms are a big fail. I see them dropping out of the top 5.

Boot.

I think you articulated my thoughts really well. They're struggling to understand what aspects of babylon made them successful 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I think you articulated my thoughts really well. They're struggling to understand what aspects of babylon made them successful 

I have a hard time believing that; Babylon didn't seem like a happy accident. 

3 minutes ago, Continental said:

Stop firing people are you might remain successful. 

Not sure what your post is referring to but I DO miss JD. Don't know if he was fired or left of his own volition but his absence definitely felt. 

Just now, Continental said:

It has been referenced here. 

Visual techs leaving doesn't have much (or anything) to do with the design..

Just now, Continental said:

LOL

I don't think you saw some other posts. 

I probably didn't, why not just cut to the chase and explain what you're trying to say? I'm not interested in playing games