Santa Clara Vanguard 2022

3 minutes ago, KPinCAL said:

Anyone know where SCV is housed today through Tuesday? Their calendar isn't working 

Today they are in Thousand Oaks at California Lutheran Univ. Tomorrow is a free day in Long Beach (still staying at CLU). Then rehearsing at Kastner Intermediate School in Fresno before the Fresno show Tuesday night.

Edited by Reed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Reed said:

Today they are in Thousand Oaks at California Lutheran Univ. Tomorrow is a free day in Long Beach (still staying at CLU). Then rehearsing at Kastner Intermediate School in Fresno before the Fresno show Tuesday night.

Oh wow they’re in my backyard! Wish I’d known…. I’d have driven over to have a listen. 

4 hours ago, Reed said:

🤔 free day in Long Beach? That’s quite a hike from CLU. I would have expected Santa Barbara maybe. 

24 minutes ago, POSITIVenrgy said:

🤔 free day in Long Beach? That’s quite a hike from CLU. I would have expected Santa Barbara maybe. 

That’s what the schedule says… 🤷‍♂️
looks like they’re going from Long Beach day straight to Fresno, and not staying at CLU after.

Edited by Reed

19 minutes ago, Reed said:

That’s what the schedule says… 🤷‍♂️
looks like they’re going from Long Beach day straight to Fresno, and not staying at CLU after.

Hmmmm. Ok. Well Long Beach is a fun city and probably great fireworks 🤩!

• Like 1

A lot of holes at the Stanford CA show. Hope all those members are ok!

• Like 3

Curious, does anyone happen to know what specific pieces SCV is playing in their repertoire this season? I know they’ve announced some composers, but not the pieces themselves, and DCX has nothing listed for them either.

6 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Curious, does anyone happen to know what specific pieces SCV is playing in their repertoire this season? I know they’ve announced some composers, but not the pieces themselves, and DCX has nothing listed for them either.

One's I think mvt 4 from Ligeti String Quartet 1, Metamorphoses Nocturnes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Show is really starting to come together, watching Broken Arrow on Flo (despite the wonky mix). Visually they are getting clean finally, and the impact is starting to "gel". In some photos from Dynasty on the SCV Instagram, there were percussion instruments in the props, which is kind of cool. Purple is usually a contrast color to green, but it's so desaturated (or, something) that the guard seems to just fade into the background. Somehow they need to have some more pop. Something, anything. Percussion is the total package, with superior integrated writing. Good on them for the 18 in BA, and I hope they keep up that momentum thru San Antonio. 

• Like 3

On 7/14/2022 at 9:06 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

I believe the percussion feature after the ballad is heavily influenced from a piece called     Ambergris March by Bjork. Very nice piece and very nicely done SCV !!

• Like 2