The Academy 2022

Please tell me someone at DCI is looking into this situation.  I just read the pleas on Momma DCI's twitter thread - it's heartbreaking!  

Edited by cadetsmellomom34

2 minutes ago, jameseuph said:

Academy needs shut down if they can’t take care of the membership. 

In the short term what is important is to get the members taken care of for this week (food and transportation- including post- season transport to Phoenix or however they do it (I know a lot of members fly home from Indy once the season is finished)).

Once this is accomplished and everyone is home safely, then DCI & Academy need to figure out why problems arose, and how to ensure it doesn’t happen again to Academy, or anyone else for that matter.

• Like 2

Some members defending the corps stating other corps members are taking more than their fair share and not leaving enough for others to eat.  They are stating Academy is taking care of them properly. Not sure if they are being served or serving themselves. Either way, sounds like an organization issue where the managers need to get it together.  Just sharing what others are posting now. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Trumpet2 said:

Not sure what exactly is going on, but I’m seeing a lot of Academy members posting on twitter that their food situation is not good right now. 

Yeah I’m seeing it everywhere 

23 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Some members defending the corps stating other corps members are taking more than their fair share and not leaving enough for others to eat.  They are stating Academy is taking care of them properly. Not sure if they are being served or serving themselves. Either way, sounds like an organization issue where the managers need to get it together.  Just sharing what others are posting now. 

Corps members bickering about each other is something that their leadership needs to put the kibosh on pronto.  But, do it without using the phrase/attitude ‘snitch’s get stitches’.  

54 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Obviously we don’t know the behind the scenes, but something is obviously going on. I saw someone on Reddit make a post that said “do not donate to the members asking for donations”

I was wondering why the Academy thread blew up and was hoping for good news...:tic:

• Sad 1