2022 Uniform/Costume (whatever you want to call them) Thread

JMO, but even an old fuddy-duddy like me thinks shakos look a little too VFW/AL-ish to me. Crown's still appeal to me some, but most look too old-time hockey for my taste. I've come to accept the no headgear look in lieu of something far less contemporary. 

On 6/27/2022 at 1:28 AM, Cappybara said:

Hah. You're probably right. They're still significantly better looking than most of the uniforms I've seen so far though

It's very much a nod to certain culture, if we are going to do theater we should expect this. It just feels appropriated on a bunch of white kids from Iowa I guess? 

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Awful

I don't Hate it.

At least they seem to have a palette that is quite trendy if you look to contemporary fashion and design. If it speaks to the design, a wild use of color always excites. The members seem to be the flags In modern day costuming... 

Where this can get tricky is in palette control, understanding color theory, palette and motif become more important. 

Going to see how it all pans out now speaks to design instead of classical uniformity.

2 hours ago, gbass598 said:

I can’t believe we are at the point that we have to ask why a group is actually wearing a shako.

I think groups look short without them. The band I teach went without them for a couple of years but now has new uniforms with shakos and it makes the kids look tall and strong, not short and dumpy.

Or... there is Crossmen, whose shakos make them look short and dumpy... it's not just a shakos presence, it's their design ultimately. 

On 6/27/2022 at 1:58 PM, gbass598 said:

Tell me you are in a Prince cover band without telling me you are in a Prince cover band.

Well done!!! 👏👏👏👏

On 6/28/2022 at 4:51 PM, njthundrrd said:

Crossmen290519305_10159070903748335_161379829734

I mean... Texas gotta Texas I guess? We're no talented designers present? 

This is a huge oversight given how well unformed they have been the last few years with the aussie and arm cutouts. 

I know, I know... we all know I hate it... can't wait to *hear* the show!

1 hour ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

JMO, but even an old fuddy-duddy like me thinks shakos look a little too VFW/AL-ish to me. Crown's still appeal to me some, but most look too old-time hockey for my taste. I've come to accept the no headgear look in lieu of something far less contemporary. 

I always hated wearing hats so I’m glad for them that they don’t have to wear them anymore. 

36 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I always hated wearing hats so I’m glad for them that they don’t have to wear them anymore. 

yup = TRUTH

• Like 1

Great job by the Colts! Congrats. That is a fun and well performed show. 

• Like 2