2022 Uniform/Costume (whatever you want to call them) Thread

7 hours ago, legacy said:

It is so sooo bad. The purple feels tired and the effects are tacky.  The plume is too short for the massing on the shakos (also Crossman in shakos... I thought they learned in the late 90'?).

Paints need tailoring and the tunics hemmed up two inches at least. They look so stumpy and dumpy.

Very much large budget Texas high school with no talented designer to make up for this attempt.

So wrong.

I 100% agree with both comments. I'm so upset with Crossmen. 2021 Show was good ans 2019 was great.  I'd place them out of the top 12.

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Like the look but not sure how it reads from a distance. 

They should’ve done them in all white lol

• Haha 2

Bluecoats

290587534_401379912034394_89407561373252

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/29/2022 at 8:25 AM, kdaddy said:

Blue Knights

This is so fresh and clean in regards to palette!

Actually an esthetically pleasing design.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2022 at 3:17 PM, Craig519 said:

I’m actually surprised there’s no word from their design team on what influenced this, why they chose to have an honest-to-God shako and plume and how that fits with their show. Obviously used to be the norm of what a drum corps uniform was, no questions asked, but in the WGI-era surely there was something driving this decision?

Edited by Hrothgar15

I can’t believe we are at the point that we have to ask why a group is actually wearing a shako.

I think groups look short without them. The band I teach went without them for a couple of years but now has new uniforms with shakos and it makes the kids look tall and strong, not short and dumpy.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

I can’t believe we are at the point that we have to ask why a group is actually wearing a shako.

I think groups look short without them. The band I teach went without them for a couple of years but now has new uniforms with shakos and it makes the kids look tall and strong, not short and dumpy.

The Crossmen were known to wear aussies prior to 2019 (and IIRC they ditched their aussies toward the end of the 2018 season as well in favor of no headgear at all). My guess is the choice to switch to shakos is part of a rebranding effort of some kind, seeing as they also no longer use the Maltese cross logo in any form.

• Like 1