Western Corps Connection

17 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Honestly...... I'll take dry heat anyday over 100+ with 80+% humidity.

Amen, amen, amen. My family’s from the swampy south and I currently live in a surprisingly swampy area up north. I’ll never forget experiencing dry heat in AZ for the first time… Pretty sure I stood there with my hands up in awe like tim robbins in shawshank redemption, almost fell into the dang grand canyon

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It never gets over 90 or so here but it’s always humid. Winter is better but summer is swamp hot.  It took some getting used to but it’s okay now. 

Where are you Terri?

The drum major for Impulse has an interesting conducting pattern. 

Not sure why these shows in Southern California are held in Riverside and San Bernardino.  It's way inland and way HOT.  There are a multitude of venues closer to the coast and 15 degrees cooler.  Probably get a bigger audience too. 

• Like 1

Poor announcer.  Put all that energy into growling out Golden Empire to have the mic cut.  He settled for just saying Golden Empire.  

Just now, greg_orangecounty said:

Not sure why these shows in Southern California are held in Riverside and San Bernardino.  It's way inland and way HOT.  There are a multitude of venues closer to the coast and 15 degrees cooler.  Probably get a bigger audience too. 

Getting them ready for the Texas tour.  

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Poor announcer.  Put all that energy into growling out Golden Empire to have the mic cut.  He settled for just saying Golden Empire.  

He’s being cut out a lot tonight. 

• Haha 1

Sound tonight is good.  I’m hearing Golden Empire’s brass much better.  They’ve got some blowers on the low register.

9 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Getting them ready for the Texas tour.  

The absolute worst Drum Corps related heat (for me) occurred in Dallas at VFW Nationals in 1971.  If there are any other old people that were there they will testify.