July 2nd - Drums Across the Desert ... Tempe, Arizona

Nirvana must be the end of their show… please find it soon

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Okay, so this is just my gut feeling based on viewing tonight.  SCV might edge BD by a hair.  Musically and visually SCV seems a lot cleaner and have a much better ensemble sound in general.  Trumpets are a little spotty for everyone, but they sound really freaking balanced.  Real talk - This new closer is not cutting it for me, but maybe they found Nirvana because I sure did not watching it!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Holy moly they changed that show A LOT. Totally rewrote moon river. Modifications to the drum break. Slowly starting to get trumpets into the higher register for Tank! And some changes to the closer as well. 

not surprised they had a bit of a rough run. They’re asking quite a bit of their trumpet line to be playing Tank! in its original register, I hope they’re up to the challenge 

That's exactly i was saying watching the show, they've made So much changes even from the recent one we watched, I see why the run was so rough... They've added in so much more. It will all get cleaned up. the demand is on the brass.

• Like 1

I'll have to watch it again. My Flo feed kept cutting out. I'm a huge SCV fan, so I hope I end up loving it.

Hope it’s done by the Fresno show (in my area)

looking like full show won’t be in until San Antonio 

Getting a better appreciation for SCV’s show.  Really punches you in places for being a show about nirvana.   Props and what seems to be the guard getting loss is an issue.  They (guard) really have no moments at all I can remember.  Props are loud when wheeling them around.  I do like what I hear though.  

• Like 2

I’m guessing they’ll be complete at Stanford. 
But for me…. Santa Clara is elegant bad ###-ery. True I’m biased, but I love the crisp white with the gorgeous purple. I really like the props… they look like oversized crystals. Sooo much potential in this show. 

• Like 4

Like in 2019 the SCV designers have failed the members. 

• Like 5