July 2nd - Drums Across the Desert ... Tempe, Arizona

9 minutes ago, KPinCAL said:

Insane SCV.  Get your freaking show done 

I am more irritated that they play only for at best 30% of the show and when they do they just play loud.  I love SCV, but this show for now is a huge letdown.  Not enough actual musical playing, horrible white on white uniforms, useless props, one volume for their playing, ending still sucks.  East coast shows just seem more interesting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I am not a guard person, but based on my untrained eye, I think Crown guard is right behind BAC followed by BD at the moment.  Not saying they will stay that way, as BD is known for guard.  I am sure many folks will disagree with this, but Crown's rifles/sabers are very clean.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spacewill said:

East coast shows just seem more interesting.

East Coast! West Coast!

Haven't we learned anything from Biggie and Pac?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, spacewill said:

I am more irritated that they play only for at best 30% of the show and when they do they just play loud.  I love SCV, but this show for now is a huge letdown.  Not enough actual musical playing, horrible white on white uniforms, useless props, one volume for their playing, ending still sucks.  East coast shows just seem more interesting.

East coast shoes have my full attention this year.  Much more than the west 

• Like 1

This subject matter has such potential to be real cheese! I think the Academy has done a nice job of staying subtle while still getting the theme across. Good for them

May be an unpopular opinion, but Academy has had the most fun and interesting show of the night! The Wonka theme works well, i LOVE their unis, and it just feels like this show just looks like it's so much fun to perform!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KPinCAL said:

East coast shoes have my full attention this year.  Much more than the west 

As a dyed in the wool west coaster, I have to say I agree ... for now. BD and SCV have very ambitious shows though. Things could very likely change over the next six weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brassboy said:

That's been my observation too, but I thought I was crazy based on everyone else's comments.

Something the only voices in this echo chamber are one's that are the loudest. I'm not loud, I just like to point things out. Excellent is excellence and achievement can be developed over time. You reward what you see and hear! Just my 2 cents! 

• Thanks 1