1st view finals prediction...

18 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Edit: in Crown’s recent brass crown losses(2015, and 2018)I enjoyed the lot and warmup footage quite a bit more from Cadets and SCV respectively, so i was like they could win brass!! I was more certain about that with Vanguard that year, such a monster of a sound, I loved it haha. I’m more mixed on 2014 and their loss to BD from what I heard, but I’m definitely not hating on their win there!

I think the Crown and Devils brass lines in 2014 were the best brass lines of the 2010-2019 era. Both were just incredibly good and the brass title could have gone to either and I don't think anyone would complain. 

• Like 2

Just watched a fairly good video of Boston at the July 3 show. The visual and GE aspects are starting to pull at me more. Great use of the props and the guard is going to be stunning. As I've said before the performance caption strength in brass, percussion, guard, and marching will be top shelf. I really need to get a better read on SCV but that has been difficult since their show is not complete. They definitely have great caption strength too, but I would have Boston over them as of now. My only caveat with Boston is that I'd like to see a few more full visual ensemble moves with one or two more full music ensemble moments. At times the show feels segmented. But again, that is just an opinion from a non judge. I do believe Boston is going to be heard from. Would not shock me at all if this show finished top 3. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, dcikon2 said:

Mandarins will more than likely be in finals.  That leaves Crossmen, Troopers, and Colts fighting it out for the last spot.

Agree on Mandarins. I have seen their show live three nights in a row. Oceanside, Pasadena, and San Bernardino. 

If Mandarins misses finals this year with THAT SHOW, we are in for the greatest top 12 in the history of Drum Corps. 

Some are still sleeping on the Mandarins. 

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Agree on Mandarins. I have seen their show live three nights in a row. Oceanside, Pasadena, and San Bernardino. 

If Mandarins misses finals this year with THAT SHOW, we are in for the greatest top 12 in the history of Drum Corps. 

Some are still sleeping on the Mandarins. 

Mandarins are not missing out of the top 12. It will not happen. Their brass line is fantastic and actually plays closer to the top 6 than the 9-17 corps (and those groups are good too). They are strong in most captions and have some strong GE moments as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Mandarins are not missing out of the top 12. It will not happen. Their brass line is fantastic and actually plays closer to the top 6 than the 9-17 corps (and those groups are good too). They are strong in most captions and have some strong GE moments as well. 

AGREED! I should have been more clear with my comment. Mandarins won't miss finals. In fact don't be surprised if they put the fear of God into the corps in the 6-8 place range. Mandarins are for real. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

AGREED! I should have been more clear with my comment. Mandarins won't miss finals. In fact don't be surprised if they put the fear of God into the corps in the 6-8 place range. Mandarins are for real. 

Your comment was perfect actually. It was basically saying that if Mandarins did miss the top 12 then DCI will have the greatest top 12 ever, and I agree. It's so obvious how good they are. 

• Like 1

After watching Troopers, I feel the last spot will come down between Crossmen and Colts.

15 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

After watching Troopers, I feel the last spot will come down between Crossmen and Colts.

Keep an eye on Academy. They could make it a three horse race.

Just my opinion but I think it's Crossmen's to lose at this point!  The last show Crossmen swept Colts in all sub captions and Colts even lost to music city in GE.   I also did see the Troopers preview show and I don't see it as a finalist show.  Troopers guard may be their weakest caption.