1st view finals prediction...

4 minutes ago, Phantombari1 said:

Just watched the Blue Knights show and will not be making any revisions until my next viewing. I don't see this making finals unless some major revisions and cleaning take place.

I would agree on a few things without agreeing on the entire message. The drill is dirty, the feet are dirty and the spacing looks weird. The battery is overplaying their book right now and that's making listening in very difficult and it shows. 

All of that being said, I don't see this as a 13th place show personally. The potential is there for 10-12 and BK is usually pretty good at cleaning. 

I'll give a complete breakdown after my next viewing but I noticed a lot more than the few things you've mentioned.  My predictions are completely subjective and not based on corp. loyalty. (Not suggesting your opinion is.)

Edited by Phantombari1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phantombari1 said:

I'll give a complete breakdown after my next viewing but I noticed a lot more than the few things you've mentioned.  My predictions are completely subjective and not based on corp. loyalty. (Not suggesting your opinion is.)

I admittedly didn't go into a lot of detail in my viewing. Early season I look for the big, obvious stuff. And it's very easy for me to flake out and focus more on the percussion caption than anything else in all honesty. I look forward to your readout. 

1 hour ago, Phantombari1 said:

I guess we are now using warmups to determine the 2022 champions...

No, but it does show the quality of a brass line.  Something that many people have relied on to give the Ott to Crown (who have some impressive warm up vids)  in early June.  And usually if there is a quality brass, percussion or guard warm up, of high quality, it should foretell a higher placement prediction than 9th.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

No, but it does show the quality of a brass line.  Something that many people have relied on to give the Ott to Crown (who have some impressive warm up vids)  in early June.  And usually if there is a quality brass, percussion or guard warm up, of high quality, it should foretell a higher placement prediction than 9th.

To each his own...I wouldn't use a warmup to predict future placements in any category, but that's just me.