1st view finals prediction...

12 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

.I wouldn't use a warmup to predict future placements in any category,

What criteria DO you personally use then, when you presumably havnt personally seen or heard a live field performance of more than half your placements you listed above ? 

9 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

What criteria DO you personally use then, when you presumably havnt personally seen or heard a live field performance of more than half your placements you listed above ? 

Not really responding to you but ummm, for a particular hornline(Crown) when you hear them, oftentimes you know they are taking the brass crown home, especially hearing their tuning sequence warm up when it’s the most godly. Percussion is the same deal for those that are more inclined in those areas, although, what one would classify as a warm up becomes more and more muddy, along with guard. Sometimes you can just tell haha

Edit: in Crown’s recent brass crown losses(2015, and 2018)I enjoyed the lot and warmup footage quite a bit more from Cadets and SCV respectively, so i was like they could win brass!! I was more certain about that with Vanguard that year, such a monster of a sound, I loved it haha. I’m more mixed on 2014 and their loss to BD from what I heard, but I’m definitely not hating on their win there!

Edited by Vidal28Rdg

48 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Not really responding to you but ummm, for a particular hornline(Crown) when you hear them, oftentimes you know they are taking the brass crown home, especially hearing their tuning sequence warm up when it’s the most godly. Percussion is the same deal for those that are more inclined in those areas, although, what one would classify as a warm up becomes more and more muddy, along with guard. Sometimes you can just tell haha

Edit: in Crown’s recent brass crown losses(2015, and 2018)I enjoyed the lot and warmup footage quite a bit more from Cadets and SCV respectively, so i was like they could win brass!! I was more certain about that with Vanguard that year, such a monster of a sound, I loved it haha. I’m more mixed on 2014 and their loss to BD from what I heard, but I’m definitely not hating on their win there!

I will certainly agree with those that say being present and witnessing a live field performance beats anything else, and by  a country mile too, when it  comes to comparing Corps. Cell phone videos by fans in the stands  dont cut it. Warm up videos dont cut it. Standstill videos dont cut it ( especially if the Guard are spectators to the standstill performance as well.) Watching field shows in the movie theatre are a step up, but really dont compare favorably to our being present to a live field performance.  It works other ways too.  for example, If we witness a live field performance of a Corps, then attempt to compare that live field performance to a FILMING of another corps, we should not be surprised if we find the Corps in the live performance we saw and heard, by comparison, better.  The key however is to note the difference. Over the next 7 weeks, the judges will see and hear all these Corps live... and will be able to better assess the developments being made by each of these Corps during the live performance evaluations .  Good luck to all these Corps this season. Having seen a few of these Corps field shows LIVE in performance competition already, we fans are in for a treat, and I suspect for some surprises along the way as corps add layers, tweak and clean their shows, on the road to Indy.

Edited by Boss Anova

10 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

I will certainly agree with those that say being present and witnessing a live field performance beats anything else, and by  a country mile too, when it  comes to comparing Corps. Cell phone videos by fans in the stands  dont cut it. Warm up videos dont cut it. Standstill videos dont cut it ( especially if the Guard are spectators to the standstill performance as well.) Watching field shows in the movie theatre are a step up, but really dont compare favorably to our being present to a live field performance.  It works other ways too.  for example, If we witness a live field performance of a Corps, then attempt to compare that live field performance to a FILMING of another corps, we should not be surprised if we find the Corps in the live performance we saw and heard, by comparison, better.  The key however is to note the difference. Over the next 7 weeks, the judges will see and hear all these Corps live... and will be able to better assess the developments being made by each of these Corps during the live performance evaluations .  Good luck to all these Corps this season. Having seen a few of these Corps field shows LIVE in performance competition already, we fans are in for a treat, and I suspect for some surprises along the way as corps add layers, tweak and clean their shows, on the road to Indy.

Even then if you try the movie theater, depending on how good the screening is, it can be very hit and miss, listening live is always the way to go. And yet I always try my luck in the theater screenings ‘cause I enjoy going to them haha

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

for a particular hornline(Crown) when you hear them, oftentimes you know they are taking the brass crown home, especially hearing their tuning sequence warm up when it’s the most godly.

All top hornlines sound great when their not moving.

• Like 1

1. BD

2. SCV

3. Bluecoats

4. Carolina Crown

5. Boston 

6-10: Cadets

Cavaliers

Knights

Phantom

Blue Stars

11/12: too early to say

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Mandarins will more than likely be in finals.  That leaves Crossmen, Troopers, and Colts fighting it out for the last spot.

8 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Mandarins will more than likely be in finals.  That leaves Crossmen, Troopers, and Colts fighting it out for the last spot.

Don't count Academy out.

They have a show that is finals-worthy - they just need to tweak, layer on whatever else they have planned, and clean.

The top tier is BD, Crown, Bloo in no particular order. The next tier is BAC, Cavaliers, and SCV in no particular order. After that there’s a big mess that will get sorted over the next several weeks.