Saturday, July 9th ... “CrownBEAT” … River Bluff High School – Lexington, SOUTH CAROLINA

Let’s go Spartans! Defending open class champs! And they still rehearse in a mall parking lot at home. 

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 3

Lf I remember correctly this was a free show in 99 or 2000.   I talked to many Crown members after the show and many said they wanted to go to Glassmen next year.   It was also one of the first shows where Corpvets (the atlanta DCA Corps performed.     

3 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

That is one of the reasons I am surprised they made it out this year.  If Florida is such a hot bed how come they cant fill up.

I think filling the ranks is common with exception of the Cali open class and Spartans. Probably see more of the same with Louisiana Stars and Southwind when they debut in a few days.

I don't know the theme but those pants look like they are straight out of

"The cabin in the woods"

Edited by ThePlanets

Well done Heat Wave. It takes alot to go out there and perform especially with such a small group. 

As a former member from 2017 myself, I hope the corps can find a way to attract more students.

This all being said I really wish the designers would write for the size of the group. It makes no sense to me why a hornline of less than 10 Is being given big hit moments like a full hornline. Why not take an approach similair to what Vessel is doing this year and focus the program around the percussion, using the hornline as a supplement? 

Would it be traditional? No. Would it be competitively viable? No. But let’s be realistic: at this size, it’s hard to be competitively viable as it is. I just wish the design was more oriented toward showing off the strengths of the talented members they have, rather than trying to imitate what other corps are doing.

All that being said I wish Heat Wave the best this summer!

SSS

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes.  This builds character.  Not every Corps member requires 100 of their friends to back them up.  

They will only get better by learning to do things better - otherwise they keep learning not so good.  That does not build character, that builds disappointment.

• Like 1