Saturday, July 9th ... “CrownBEAT” … River Bluff High School – Lexington, SOUTH CAROLINA

3 minutes ago, g00fyg00ber said:

I don't mean to be "that guy", but if I had a nickel for every Flo comment on here I could buy my own internet forum and ban all of you from it. 

It's not great. We get it. I would love to see more discussion on what the kids are doing on the field.

Feel free to watch Flo and not read this thread. Bye Felicia!

• Haha 1

Working with a small corps is rewarding. If proper techniques are taught your kids move on to world class corps, then at DCI you can cheer for probably 8 of the top 12 corps since your kids all stepped up and made it with world Class corps.  So spending time with a small learning corps can be very worthwhlie for the marchers

• Like 2

This is my first time seeing Music City this season.

13 minutes ago, g00fyg00ber said:

Everytime they step on the field, they're getting better. They gain more experience, they learn what went well and what didn't, and how to improve upon those things. They learn how to take criticism and apply it to themselves and how to apply it as a group. If that's not character-building, I don't know what is. 

I feel like everytime I see you here it's just bashing smaller corps. You are entirely within your right to only enjoy bigger groups, but please, don't come on here and tear down individuals that, at the end of the day, whether they are staff or student, are just trying their best. They're still working as hard as any other corps out there - they deserve the same respect we give those groups. 

First of all, I have every right to bash who I want, and I don't need permission from you one way or the other. Secondly, it's not the youth, it's staff that writes like they are writing for a DCI Champion corps. I don't believe they get better every time they step on the field. I don't think it's any fun knowing you are going to get beat by a huge spread every night.  It's demoralizing - not building you up.  They would better served taking their tour money and investing in private lessons. 
And you have the right to say what you wish, but don't tell anyone else what they can say or write.

• Sad 1