Saturday, July 9th ... “CrownBEAT” … River Bluff High School – Lexington, SOUTH CAROLINA

49 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

BAC is definitely in the medal hunt.

I think so too. All these Corps shows and their themes chosen for this summer have the ability to add layering and make substantive improvements over the coming month to bring out the show and theme more than it is in their 2nd or 3rd show or whatever tonight. I anticipate Corps in the top 4 or 5 to be pretty clean by the time Championships take place in Indy.  So my guess, its likely to come down to additions to the respective shows and themes from here on in, imo.  So far, there is a log jam right now among 3 or 4 corps for the top. Boston tonite demonstrated they are in the medals hunt in the early going, imo.  Congratulations to Crown tonite in their victory and also ( along with Boston ) for being the 1st 2 to break 80.. and convincingly.  They have a terrific show.  Crown showed with their 1 point win tonite that they are the best.. " right here, right now ". Much success to all these Corps the rest of the way that performed tonight !👍.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 7

So I’m not paying a ton of attention to scores this year but it kinda feels like Cadets are being lowballed. Then again, maybe that’s just the fan in me. I really enjoy their show this year. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, crownisking said:

So I’m not paying a ton of attention to scores this year but it kinda feels like Cadets are being lowballed. Then again, maybe that’s just the fan in me. I really enjoy their show this year. 

I agree.  For what its worth, I think they have locked up 6th unless Cavies has some major cleaning or re-writes taking effect soon.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

I agree.  For what its worth, I think they have locked up 6th unless Cavies has some major cleaning or re-writes taking effect soon.  

That would be the biggest step forward for them, too. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, B-Flat said:

Naw, I think the score was pretty spot on for the cadets. The horns are not on the same level as BAC and Crown, and I would even put Crown a tick above BAC.

2 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

They won guard over Crown, too. Of the 13 subcaptions they lost to Crown, they were down by a tenth. Crown surely deserved the win tonight, but being the smallest of margins ahead of Boston by most judges would seem really close to me.

Guys, full panels don’t get here until San Antonio. None of this matters until then.

Boston isn’t nervous about anything, and neither is Crown. Both groups have 30 days to clean and layer. Both shows are fantastic. All 300+ kids are incredible performers. Let’s all just enjoy what these kids are working 14 hours a day to present to us and recognize that for a bit. 

• Like 5