DCI Tomball.... I mean, Houston

I’m a little jelly that BD is coming to Houston! They won’t be at any of the Dallas shows, unfortunately. We have three of them, by the way. 😉

One year I’m definitely going to attend a drum corps show in Houston. I keep getting scared off by the possibility of a rainout. I’ve already had it happen to me too many times over the years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

I’m a little jelly that BD is coming to Houston! They won’t be at any of the Dallas shows, unfortunately. We have three of them, by the way. 😉

One year I’m definitely going to attend a drum corps show in Houston. I keep getting scared off by the possibility of a rainout. I’ve already had it happen to me too many times over the years. 

Each year I have gone it hasn't been a rain out. So many that's a sign of.... change?

55 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Each year I have gone it hasn't been a rain out. So many that's a sign of.... change?

Oh I bring the rain with me. When I go that’ll be the year it gets rained out. So maybe I should stay away…😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Oh I bring the rain with me. When I go that’ll be the year it gets rained out. So maybe I should stay away…😂

Nonsense. Houston is lovely this time of year if you enjoy traffic snarls 24 hours, sweating like a pig in the Amazon and the aroma of freshly drilled oil knocking you over as soon as you step outside, Although, when I lived there in the 90s, people would tell me, you're nuts- It smells like money, you yankee! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Nonsense. Houston is lovely this time of year if you enjoy traffic snarls 24 hours, sweating like a pig in the Amazon and the aroma of freshly drilled oil knocking you over as soon as you step outside, Although, when I lived there in the 90s, people would tell me, you're nuts- It smells like money, you yankee! 

Yeah I have family in Houston so I’m all too familiar with the heat and traffic. The Houston Metro is about the same size as DFW’s so I’ve always wondered why their traffic is so much worse than ours. This summer, we’re probably tied in the heat category. Though, at least Houston gets rain occasionally. Dallas is in the midsts of one of our driest summers in years. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

I'm officially on vacation yall!

W00!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

What is this thing you call “vacation”?

It's this thing where you basically tell work to "handle it" and then you go home open a cold one (I'm actually drinking some coke... the other stuff is for a little later lol), and you actually can relax. I'm not used to this "vacation" thing, but I think I'm doing it right considering I get to see my Cavies tomorrow. 

34 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I'm officially on vacation yall!

And you haven't left for the stadium yet? What kind of Cavalier stalker are you? 

• Haha 1