Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

2 minutes ago, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Ok. So where is it supposed to be at? I'd like to know.lol

Four Corners 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cavaliers

So excited to have Cavies back! Great opening impact. Like that trumpet screamer, even if that wasn’t his best rep. This whole opening works very well musically.

Cool references to time throughout. That splash of blue in the uniform is nice! Cool little round section between the brass. This brass feature with the ritardandos and accelerandos is really challenging and sounds so much better than a month ago! Memorable. The end of this movement cooks! Cool metronome reference in the drill! Good design moment, leading us back to the prop.

Cool tuba visuals in this small ensemble moment. Nice trumpet solo! As this show cleans, the design is feeling more complete and making more sense. As this cleans, this ballad section is going to be incredible! Cool use of the prop/clock hands!

Love this trombone ensemble and how it works with the front ensemble. The battery on the ramps looks great! Love the visual build before that grand brass impact! They sound really good as a brassline in that moment. Love the little quotes to melodies from the show. Another good accel section in that brass standstill. Nice ending from the guard!

Edited by MidWAmericanArts
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Peaking before Allentown? Honestly disagree with that. They still have a lot of cleaning to do and transitions to work through, I think they'll peak at just the right time. It's just a matter of whether they can do it better than BD 

Agreed, Crown is not even finished thier design pairings... it's still *a lot*  but #### do they make it sound so good.

I will never count them out, it's just bad science. They have a really dirty show right now. 

It's who is clean in mid July we should be talking about peaking to be honest. 

Some of these covid breaks are just like a drag race with a better engine, theu might not jump of the line but as we all know, it's the long game that counts 💃🙃🥳

• Like 1

I think Cavies killed it tonight, under the circumstances. Plenty of room for catchup, but this is a really, really good corps.

• Like 7

I’m losing respect for Santa Clara.  If you are going to be in the view of the crowd while another corps is performing,  you should stand still and not keep moving around.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Did Dan potter just make up sounds and play them off as words

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Man I loved “Machine.” One of my all time favorite DCI shows.

My all time fav show! I rewatch it all the time 

One of the best parts of being a DCI fan:

When you hear a lick and you say:

”Yep. That sounds like the Cavaliers”

Hellz ya Cavies.  Proud of you!!

• Like 1