Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

Is he gonna marry him?!

• Haha 2

time to put my Kurt Cobain wig on

• Like 1

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Yeah but I thought the rules were you couldn’t do that anymore.

There was an early show where everyone had their props lined up together on the end zone.  I think that was largely done to faciltate beating the rain though. It was a massive yard sale look.

7 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Wasn’t their ballad that year was the Barber Violin Concerto? I think that Russian hymn was in the movement before.

You are correct, I just DEEPLY wish someone performed it as a ballad in a show. There’s a concert band tune that was inspired by that tune that slows the melody down a bit and I feel like a drum corps arrangement of THAT would just be perfect, especially in a well produced show. Polye Polyushka and Moscow, 1941 (Brian Balmages) are two of my favorite pieces of all time. That melody wrenches my heart every time I hear it. So haunting…so much emotion poured into one melody.

The way that they utilized that piece in Animal Farm worked perfectly for the show, however. I love it to death, even if it’s not technically the ballad lol. 

I thought that was a nice show by Cavies.    Wish I were seeing it live and not on flo/   I complain about flo every time, but I still watch every week.

• Like 1

Just now, rchitectburd23BD01 said:

Ok. But everyone has their own Show design and they can choose what part of the field they want to March on.  Just saying. 

If this is an actual conversation people are having its that using more of the field means more variety which is something that goes into composition and effect scores. Bigger steps means more velocity and counter motion which is better than small moves.

• Like 2