Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

Great show so far but have to go out to run some errands. Yeah...I have to do things on a Saturday afternoon here in Berkeley. Please be kind to Madison Scouts. On YouTube people have been mean spirit with them. I actually really like their show. Back in a few hours...peace.  

• Like 2

Just now, dcsnare93 said:

Great job Academy!

Never thought I'd actually enjoy hearing Oompa Loompa on the field.

They did that with the Mary Poppins show for me.  I was like “ugh a Mary Poppins show?” When they announced. 

But then “Woo! A Mary Poppins show!” By finals cause they had us all joining in for Supercalifragalisticexpaladocious. 

• Like 4

I like Academy. I do wish that instead of playing musical phrases inspired by Willy Wonka, they just actually played the music. I can't imagine its a copyright issue as I have seen quite a few groups use quite a bit of the Wonka music. Feels like it was a design choice....

Z

• Like 2

Ok Genesis.  My first time with you this season.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Academy has a bunch of holes.  About 7 horns, 2 snares, bass drum.  This situation could get real interesting during finals week.  Some corps may not achieve the level they expected.   Seems like time for everyone to go into bubble mode.

• Like 2

The 165 rule change hasn’t helped the bottom of the pack that’s for sure 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1