Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

17 minutes ago, Mikah said:

What's the difference between Fort Worth and Foat Wuth?  LOL I'm from Kentucky and I have meet very few people born and raised outside of Kentucky who can correctly pronounce Louisville.

Lewisville; I see no problem.  😂  Just spent a couple of days in NE Louisville in June.  (Great area.) And I miss the show that was held at Papa John stadium.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Yes, 85. 04 was modeled after it... and that costume change was not fun either... for any of us. Can only imagine what a whole corps change does to a person.... 🤐

Interesting... I wasn't seeing another full corps costume change, but I like this theory. I have yet to determine whether SC will be forever "finding" this season or if they "will have found." By the end. This alumni is rooting for the latter and another big GE push that they aren't revealing yet.

My father went insane over that uniform change in '85. I'm trying to think of what show we went to that year but old age is getting the better of me. I know we saw it on the PBS broadcast that year again. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Vanguard would’ve given me those vibes of being against that kind of proposal along with maybe Bloo? Not that that’s how it happened in reality, I don’t think we’ll see this issue come up again for a while as people’s alarm bells are on high alert for these kinds of shenanigans and people are constantly clamoring for transparency from DCI now due to…other issues…

I'm an outsider so don't draw any conclusions from my exiled, punky self.

I mean that we were part of the original ToC, so there's a connection. From what I saw, they released a statement about the proposal, but it's long been removed from the website.

You're right, I think people are much more awake to this. I'm tickled to have been told recently just a big a hand Boston had in this whole sitch. Really cool stuff I missed out on.

17 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

I do find the accent charming btw, no shame in touching back to relearn it a bit if you can, even though unlearning something as naturally occurring as an accent is tough to bring back when you’re out of habit. I just simply never had it, I can relate as a fellow Tejano though!

My partner and I pick it up after a visit. We soak it up like sponges... but when we get back to NM, it's back into the closet with that mess. Talk about not welcome. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

My father went insane over that uniform change in '85. I'm trying to think of what show we went to that year but old age is getting the better of me. I know we saw it on the PBS broadcast that year again. 

The Vanguard magic was strong.💪🏽 💚💪🏽💖 Wish I had any way I could have possibly been there! 🙂

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Like the tunnel in (I think) 85?

I have heard that it wasn’t fun for the members, but the effect was cool. 

You are correct; it was not fun and the source of much stress, as it was absolutely chaotic.

Source: I was The Last Man in & out of that infernal tunnel. When I popped out the crowd went insane (“The gag worked— ahhhhhh!!!!”) but getting through it felt like you were tempting the Uniform Malfunction Gods especially during the low walk sequence since it was done as a straight pass-through. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TRacer said:

You are correct; it was not fun and the source of much stress, as it was absolutely chaotic.

Source: I was The Last Man in & out of that infernal tunnel. When I popped out the crowd went insane (“The gag worked— ahhhhhh!!!!”) but getting through it felt like you were tempting the Uniform Malfunction Gods especially during the low walk sequence since it was done as a straight pass-through. 

I've been looking for fellow alum. Especially ones who've done a uniform/costume change.

Hope you're doing well, fam. 💚❤️

21 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Glad I could help with your dad’s insanity, lol! (I was on the field with SCV 85)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I've been looking for fellow alum. Especially ones who've done a uniform/costume change.

Hope you're doing well, fam. 💚❤️

Aloha from Hawaii and hope you are doing well too! I’m the skinny baritone player seen in the field cam close up during the push in ‘85 Tenderland with our euph extraordinare (and Madison alum) on the right. 

Edited by TRacer
  • Thanks 1