Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

24 minutes ago, Mikah said:

Personally, I, myself, being Kentucky born and raised just south of the Indiana border, pronounce it as looel (rhymes with dual)-vul, which is also an acceptable pronunciation.  Luv-ill is not acceptable, but we all understand what you mean when you say that. 😊

All of the “ville” towns in the South are pronounced “vul”.  I even catch myself sometimes when I’m not thinking about it. 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I just watched Phantom because I missed them last night. I got kind of choked up at the end of their show.   They’re my favorite, I don’t care where they end up.

Yes!  JD Shaw's arrangements makes them just feel like PR again.  The ending still needs a lot of cleaning but it's going to be great to see them live again in a couple of weeks.  I think I cried thru their entire show last year in Indy.  (Looking to see of they're in Murfreesboro)       

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 5

:snerk:

Oh that makes me remember a friend from Georgia getting laughed out of the room of a bunch of Purdue grads one time for her pronunciation of Lafayette.  

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh I'm a north indiana boy, we generally giggled at our southern kin.  Once you passed Indy, you were as good as in Kentucky. 😉

It has always amazed me that people north of the Mason-Dixon line could have more of a southern accent than this western Kentucky gal.  Southern Indiana people sound like they may be decedents of the Appalachian Mountains, and/or the southern coastal states. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Mikah said:

It has always amazed me that people north of the Mason-Dixon line could have more of a southern accent than this western Kentucky gal.  Southern Indiana people sound like they may be decedents of the Appalachian Mountains, and/or the southern coastal states. 

Very much so.  Indiana has a North South divide culturally on those lines.  Southern end is very Applachian in orientation while the North end is very Great Lakes with its Germanic influences.  

I remember well the arguments with my cousins from Rushville over "you talk funny" "No you!"

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Yes!  JD Shaw's arrangements makes them just feel like PR again.  The ending still needs a lot of cleaning but it's going to be great to see them live again in a couple of weeks.  I think I cried thru their entire show last year in Indy.  (Looking to see of they're in Murfreesboro)       

That might happen. 😭

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Very much so.  Indiana has a North South divide culturally on those lines.  Southern end is very Applachian in orientation while the North end is very Great Lakes with its Germanic influences.  

I remember well the arguments with my cousins from Rushville over "you talk funny" "No you!"

Southern Indiana celebrates their German heritage too. I have a friend in southern Indiana who claims she is 3/4ths German, but I'll bet that the other 1/4th is Aappalachian Scot Irish, since she has a very heavy southern accent.

Edited by Mikah
  • Haha 2