AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

18 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

So this isn't a DCI event?  It's the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame?  Never heard of them but I guess I could attend the banquet?

https://www.wdchof.org

Get your tickets here (open seating only):

https://www.wdchof.org/notification/

Executive Board

President: Neal Smith

Vice President: Bob Findley

Administrator: Larry Hershman

Secretary: Bob Cardaneo

Treasurer: Rich Warga

Membership Chairman: Charles Poole

Public Relations: Roy Wilson

Merchandising Chairman: Roman Blenski

Program Committee/Chaplain: Bill McGrath

Webmaster: Gail Langan

Distinguished Professional Achievement Award: Joe Marrella

Associate Membership: Bob Bradley

Scholarship Fund: Rick Anderson

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

6 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

So this isn't a DCI event?  It's the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame?  Never heard of them but I guess I could attend the banquet?

https://www.wdchof.org

Get your tickets here (open seating only):

https://www.wdchof.org/notification/

Executive Board

President: Neal Smith

Vice President: Bob Findley

Administrator: Larry Hershman

Secretary: Bob Cardaneo

Treasurer: Rich Warga

Membership Chairman: Charles Poole

Public Relations: Roy Wilson

Merchandising Chairman: Roman Blenski

Program Committee/Chaplain: Bill McGrath

Webmaster: Gail Langan

Distinguished Professional Achievement Award: Joe Marrella

Associate Membership: Bob Bradley

Scholarship Fund: Rick Anderson

It’s independent of DCI I believe. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That's what I guessed that it's a separate organization.  The reporter probably thinks it's a part of the DCI organization.  I wasn't familiar with it until I perused their website.  My first experience with drum corps was attending "DCI" events in HS starting in '79.   👍    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

correct. it has folks tied to DCI and DCA plus from before the circuits existed. it is kind of aligned with DCA...their event was held in conjunction with DCA weekend til the last few years

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

correct. it has folks tied to DCI and DCA plus from before the circuits existed. it is kind of aligned with DCA...their event was held in conjunction with DCA weekend til the last few years

As a point of order, sexual assault and other member mistreatment in DCA is also a bad thing.  I have no idea how much it occurs, or how DCA's numbers compare to DCI.  But it should not be tolerated anywhere.  Period.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

As a point of order, sexual assault and other member mistreatment in DCA is also a bad thing.  I have no idea how much it occurs, or how DCA's numbers compare to DCI.  But it should not be tolerated anywhere.  Period.

The one thing that’s amazed me in all of this is no public issues came out about DCA. I know several corps had policies in place years before 4/18 because of being all age and the mix of ages in their membership. As far back as my last years teaching in 2000-2001 changes and policies were being implemented.

as I said this not specifically a DCA hall of fame, but the event was part of DCA weekend. But that’s changed the last few years 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

The one thing that’s amazed me in all of this is no public issues came out about DCA. I know several corps had policies in place years before 4/18 because of being all age and the mix of ages in their membership. As far back as my last years teaching in 2000-2001 changes and policies were being implemented.

as I said this not specifically a DCA hall of fame, but the event was part of DCA weekend. But that’s changed the last few years 

I recall at a few DCA Corps having no-under 21 years old policy unless a parent was in the Corps. 

12 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I recall at a few DCA Corps having no-under 21 years old policy unless a parent was in the Corps. 

the last to have that that i can think of was the Kilties. For many years now without under 18 members many corps would probably be dead. but i taught plenty of kids in a DCA corps. the partying was nothing like it was when i marched just a few years earlier. even my last years marching the unwritten rule was hands off the kids...and i was 27 when i last strapped up a drum. 

• Like 2

On 11/6/2022 at 3:19 PM, Terri Schehr said:

It is. Also independent of DCA and any other drum corps organization.

There are a lot of inductees who have been associated with DCA, but there also are numerous inductees who are most well known for their work with DCI. Also several "crossovers" who have worked with both circuits, and some whose work pre-dates DCA and DCI. 

• Like 3