Friday, July 29th “The Masters of Summer Music Games” … Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium Middle Tennessee State University Murfreesboro, TENNESSEE

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Exactly. This is the way recaps should always been when we have a close grouping of corps. I just wish SCV had been scored tonight. Would be interesting to see how close they were to Crown.

I prefer the intrigue. And I always appreciate the excuse to rest the kids.

Can't be too thirsty for this show, you'd be missing the point... 💚💓

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

I prefer the intrigue. And I always appreciate the excuse to rest the kids.

Can't be too thirsty for this show, you'd be missing the point... 💚💓

Yeah, I said earlier they have to do what's best for the safety of the kids. I just feel this show is REALLY starting to gel so it will be interesting to see if they move up over the next two weeks. I'm just hopeful and eager.

Anyone know why BK isn't on the schedule for Atlanta tomorrow?

I know it was probably discussed earlier but I got here late and it's a lot of pages to go through, why was SCV not scored tonight?

Just now, bandman28 said:

I know it was probably discussed earlier but I got here late and it's a lot of pages to go through, why was SCV not scored tonight?

They just did a stand still because of the weather.

1 minute ago, Maleguena1988 said:

Yeah, maybe a better word than “zany” - I don’t mean they are off or wrong, just all over the place, as tightly matched cORPS SHOULD make them…

I get what you mean though — feels like in recent years even many of the top corps had that one slight Achilles Heel section in the scores, like a slightly weaker drumline or slightly weaker brass, but now everyone in the top 5 is so well-rounded and the shows are so well-designed to their skills that the numbers keep switching up performance by performance, across the board.

I agree that this is how it SHOULD be, but the modern era has seen a lot of championships won by “the corps with no weaknesses.” This year, that describes a whole tier.  

• Like 3