Corps Rehearsal closings!

1 hour ago, Triple Forte said:

I have an idea for protecting the members…. how about letting them get more rest and less practice more downtime and less practice more veggies and fruits vitamin C and D and less practice…

Everyone involved with the corps should be doing everything they can to protect and boost their  immune system. 

Tell that to Mr. Acheson. Maybe he'll listen. 

Look, everyone is going to feel the way they want to feel, and that's perfectly fine. But if these corps want to take these measures to protect their members, I fully support it. We ARE still in a pandemic. I would hope that when I marched, had we dealt with what we're dealing with now,  the corps I marched with would take the same steps. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I don't understand the problem. There has already been one corps (that I know of) that has had multiple members out of commission because of Covid. I would think we'd want these corps to do whatever they can to protect their members at all costs. 

Your post is in reply to a post that was in reply to my post about low risk outdoors with the risk being basically zero with distancing.  But my intent was replying to a post about Allentown where the corps rehearse in a public park so they don’t really have a whole lot of control other than to ask people to stay a few feet away or maybe put up police tape to cordon off an area.  I wouldn’t intentionally violate the requests of a corps even if I disagree with the scope of their request.  

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

sure you can they did it last year

I was at the Easts last year.

As I posted,a couple of corps had what amounted to "stay away" signs.

Not that anyone was paying attention.

People were walking back and forth along the road where the corps busses were and the

park where the corps warmed up.

There was no effort on the part of anyone,including DCI or corps staff to restrict anyone 

from walking around.

Fans were also "up close and personal" watching corps rehearse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

Your post is in reply to a post that was in reply to my post about low risk outdoors with the risk being basically zero with distancing.  But my intent was replying to a post about Allentown where the corps rehearse in a public park so they don’t really have a whole lot of control other than to ask people to stay a few feet away or maybe put up police tape to cordon off an area.  I wouldn’t intentionally violate the requests of a corps even if I disagree with the scope of their request.  

giphy.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Glad to see this topic. 

Once again, DCI has FAILED in leadership in adopting a UNIVERSAL and UPDATED protocol for Covid for ALL corps for 2022. Instead, it’s been one corps here, one corps there, another one over there, having to address their own member’s safety. INEXCUSABLE!

DCI had COVID protocols in place since the beginning of Spring Training.  It was up to the individual corps to implement them.  Some corps have had no COVID cases since Spring Training so those corps protocols are now the ones being adopted by almost everyone.  The Health and Safety of everyone on tour is the responsibility of the individual corps not DCI.   Some corps have more resources than others to handle the situation.  Before the season started DCI gave grants to the corps so they could  employ Health Care people on tour.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, brassboy said:

Block me for saying this if you must, but the amount of entitlement in this thread is disheartening. Regardless of whether or not you personally agree with a corps’ policy, it’s what the corps has decided to do. Questioning (or worse, going against) the policy when you KNOW it’s done with the members’ safety in mind is rather selfish.

Corps are not equipped with staffing dedicated to ensuring that visitors are maintaining an appropriate distance at any given time. The easiest way for them not to have to police this is to just close down rehearsals to the public.

Even pre-COVID this wasn’t unheard of—many corps had closed rehearsals for secrecy (adding new show elements that they wanted to be a huge surprise) or just for member focus/concentration. 

Block? Hell I stand and applaud 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, brassboy said:

Block me for saying this if you must, but the amount of entitlement in this thread is disheartening. Regardless of whether or not you personally agree with a corps’ policy, it’s what the corps has decided to do. Questioning (or worse, going against) the policy when you KNOW it’s done with the members’ safety in mind is rather selfish.

Corps are not equipped with staffing dedicated to ensuring that visitors are maintaining an appropriate distance at any given time. The easiest way for them not to have to police this is to just close down rehearsals to the public.

Even pre-COVID this wasn’t unheard of—many corps had closed rehearsals for secrecy (adding new show elements that they wanted to be a huge surprise) or just for member focus/concentration. 

You're only saying what I am thinking. There are way too many people on here who seem to be self-entitled and selfish. It's amazing that people STILL don't understand the health risks of this disease. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Sight seeing, visiting theme parks, taking the maid of the mist boat at Niagra Falls, etc is a sure way that the ids are gong to get sick. I know its part of the experience, but these are not common times, but they are about to be common.  Take precautions.