Corps Rehearsal closings!

38 minutes ago, Super Don-O said:

At this point I would suggest we all assume that all of them are closed to the public (including families). Even if they have not announced it here publicly, I'm sure they are all on pins and needles about having a disastrous outbreak between now and finals, and the fewer people they are in close contact with the better off they will be.

Go to the show, cheer loudly, buy a t-shirt, come on here and praise them, watch videos online...   but do them a favor and keep your distance.

Thanks. Now back to my question please? 

• Confused 4

6 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Last year some corps put up what amounted to "stay away" signs.

It seems exceedingly unlikely anyone is spreading Covid just by merely passing by someone outdoors unless they sneeze / cough on them.  I would think unless someone is hanging out in close proximity it shouldn’t be of much concern outdoors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty sure public schools are public property. Not that that's cause to break ranks just to make a point. But neither is it acknowledging any right of any corps to pretend to have the right to decide who can visit a public school or its football field.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Sh0uldN0t said:

Pretty sure public schools are public property. Not that that's cause to break ranks just to make a point. But neither is it acknowledging any right of any corps to pretend to have the right to decide who can visit a public school or its football field.

No, not close, here. Public schools charge admission to sports games, correct? Why can’t you just walk in? What if there’s a concert that requires admission? Or can you just walk into a principal’s office because it is “public property”?

4 minutes ago, Sh0uldN0t said:

An unreasonable comment given the circumstances. I'm 100% sure they're trying to protect the members' health so that they can perform for YOU, as well as others. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

This is going to  be complicated at the Easts.

You can't keep people out of the park where the corps warm up.

There are also too many streets people can just walk into the areas where the corps 

load/unload equipment and busses.

Last year some corps put up what amounted to "stay away" signs.

But they really weren't effective.

People were walking across the park, down the streets, you name it.

And that was for a 1 night event with 6 corps and limited fan seating.

I agree that monitoring will be difficult, but I would hope that people will be respectful of what the corps are attempting to do. I also don’t think that “I didn’t know” will be an excuse. It hasn’t even been an hour since Crown posted its policy on FB and I not only received Crown’s post, friends have shared the post. The word spreads quickly. 

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Sh0uldN0t said:

They have rented those venues and absolutely get to control access to the spaces they have paid for as they deem necessary. Just as the schools themselves decide who gets to visit during the school year (visitors' passes, etc.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

It seems exceedingly unlikely anyone is spreading Covid just by merely passing by someone outdoors unless they sneeze / cough on them.  I would think unless someone is hanging out in close proximity it shouldn’t be of much concern outdoors.

I agree with this .  

even the CDC would tell you social distancing is good and limiting (or eliminating) your time in direct contact to someone is recommended (remember early days a 10 minute or longer conversation would potentially endanger someone if you had Covid). 

I mean the groups can institute whatever policy they want to but I honestly don’t see a risk with someone who is  outside , 20 feet away from a staff member/performer

if you are really antsy tell fans parents to wear a mask and stay 15 + feet away 

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Like 2

Glad to see this topic. 

Once again, DCI has FAILED in leadership in adopting a UNIVERSAL and UPDATED protocol for Covid for ALL corps for 2022. Instead, it’s been one corps here, one corps there, another one over there, having to address their own member’s safety. INEXCUSABLE!

• Confused 1