An uneducated fangirl's final predictions

On 8/1/2022 at 10:46 AM, PopcornEater1963 said:

My homer prediction: 

By Finals night, Cavaliers will have already caught Bluestars and will be up against Cadets for the #6 slot. Time is running out ( no pun intended) for this to happen, but I see the table setting up for it. 

Cavaliers definitely have the performance captions. They are probably the most talented of the corps in the 6-10 group, but I like Cadets to hold their advantage in GE. But Cavaliers are finally able to clean. 

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

Predictions are not fun without something bold so I will say Cadets in 5th, SCV in 6th.

That is bold. Santa Clara has a vastly better music ensemble (brass and percussion and total music). Cadets would have to really win big in visual sub captions, and they could in visual analysis but doubtful in proficiency or guard, and they would need GE wins that accounted for any losses in music. I Love the Cadets show this year, but this  would be a tall order. SCV is maybe not driving for a title this year but they still sound like a top 5 corps. 

• Like 1

Cadets need to be looking  in the rear view mirror. Objects may be closer then they appear.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2022 at 3:11 AM, Orwellian Wiress said:

Alright, I'm gonna look into the crystal ball a little 🔮 Based on the placements I've seen so far and based on an objective view of each show, here's my predictions for top 6. I wanna post this here for posterity, once I say it I can't go back. So without further ado...

🔮Orwell's Final 2022 Predictions🔮

6. Mandarins

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

4. Boston Crusaders

3. Blue Devils

2. Bluecoats

1. Carolina Crown

I see you've stired the pot here Lol.. It's waaaaay out there and i like it. I hope your dreams come through one day 🤣

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 10:46 AM, PopcornEater1963 said:

My homer prediction: 

By Finals night, Cavaliers will have already caught Bluestars and will be up against Cadets for the #6 slot. Time is running out ( no pun intended) for this to happen, but I see the table setting up for it. 

Can I just say — already eager to see what these 3 do next year!

• Like 2

I’ll bite..

BD

BAC

Bloo

SCV

Crown

28 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

That is bold. Santa Clara has a vastly better music ensemble (brass and percussion and total music). Cadets would have to really win big in visual sub captions, and they could in visual analysis but doubtful in proficiency or guard, and they would need GE wins that accounted for any losses in music. I Love the Cadets show this year, but this  would be a tall order. SCV is maybe not driving for a title this year but they still sound like a top 5 corps. 

SCV underestimated a lot this season but that’s ok, I love an upset 😈 

• Like 3