Friday, August 5th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

4 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I.... really struggle with this choreo I'm seeing across guards right now... the leap to landing on the knee... it just seems painful and unnecessary. The performers are amazing, but I just... it looks like it hurts or it will in 10 years...

Just a suggestion- don’t watch video of 1980 Cavaliers.  

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, NakedEye said:

BK seems considerably improved. There is some energy to the show now. 

But they need to focus one rehearsal block on moving/laying down those dots to get the timing consistent. SO noticeable when one arrives late or stays upright too long.

Visual generally seems an area for improvement this year and going forward. The color pops on the dots will just highlight the inconsistency. 

2 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Can’t believe their corps director practically turned drinking age during the pandemic…. the mere idea of him is calling me Old

It does kind of bring things into perspective, doesn't it?

• Like 2

Hate these delayed shows because the refrigerator runs for beer and ice cream get so much dicier… Too much has to happen. Gotta pet the cat. Gotta wipe up. Gotta this gotta that. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

BK seems considerably improved. There is some energy to the show now. 

But they need to focus one rehearsal block on moving/laying down those dots to get the timing consistent. SO noticeable when one arrives late or stays upright too long.

I think part of the off timing is that, due to Covid holes, they have to keep switching prop movement responsibilities from one kid to another.

Looooove Mandarins opening moments!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I.... really struggle with this choreo I'm seeing across guards right now... the leap to landing on the knee... it just seems painful and unnecessary. The performers are amazing, but I just... it looks like it hurts or it will in 10 years...

that's a pretty standard dance company move. Not an issue if it's done correctly 

Edited by lyndakay27