Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Honestly, I don’t know that I believe much of anything that is the scores now. It seems like it’s just a bunch of dudes squinting and saying, yeah that’s .2 better tonight. It’s nonsense, really.

At this point it seems like the activity has chosen its top three, and it really doesn’t matter what happens now.

Tend to agree. 

• Thanks 1

SCV high drums for both nights, over BD by half a tenth.  Looks like whoever can put together 2 of 3 good runs next week takes that one.

Edited by 27Socal
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ElSuarez said:

Troop in 12th!

I’m pulling for them. !!!

1 minute ago, BWise said:

If the conditions were flipped Crowntown would be accused of whining and making excuses. And we all know the intent is for this to be interpreted as one show (as reasonably as possible) .. but .. I knew if Crown pulled out a 95 down the rabbit hole we would go.  

You are reading waaaaaayyyyyy too much into a general observation, which was not directed at any particular corps. ✌️

• Thanks 1

I think if people got to hear judges’ tapes they’d respect them more. I don’t think their scores are random. I think they’re undoubtedly imperfect,  but I think they tend to want to be generous, sharp, and constructive. Things like GE are a lot less mysterious when you hear what they’re actually talking about.  

I still wonder why people seem especially hard on the judges this year. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

You are reading waaaaaayyyyyy too much into a general observation, which was not directed at any particular corps. ✌️

Point taken if not intended as such. 

1 minute ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I think if people got to heard judges’ tapes they’d respect them more. I don’t think their scores are random. I think they’re undoubtedly imperfect,  but I think they tend to want to be generous, sharp, and constructive. Things like GE are a lot less mysterious when you hear what they’re actually talking about.  

I still wonder why people seem especially hard on the judges this year. 

Every person should read this. I could not agree more.

• Like 3

BD over Crown for horns, by 1 tenth.   Same thing, whoever can put together 2 of 3 good runs next week, takes horns.