Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

SCV down by half a point in Vis Content.  I guess that's what not really having a full drill will do to you.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, 27Socal said:

That Cadets old school frantic drill into the company front at the end still works.  Very effective in getting the crowd up.

I'd pay a lot of money to not see a company front from my Cadets for the next...umm...5 years 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 27Socal said:

SCV down by half a point in Vis Content.  I guess that's what not really having a full drill will do to you.

17 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I think if people got to hear judges’ tapes they’d respect them more. I don’t think their scores are random. I think they’re undoubtedly imperfect,  but I think they tend to want to be generous, sharp, and constructive. Things like GE are a lot less mysterious when you hear what they’re actually talking about.  

I still wonder why people seem especially hard on the judges this year. 

They have two additional years of complaining about judges built up, maybe?

Also it's a BD show that feels relatively safe as BD shows go (whether it is is a different question) that's scoring well, which can be frustrating.

Probably goes with all the complaining about the split-night judging and how it makes no sense despite it being how this specific show has worked for the last fifteen years.

I revise my statement from the other day that this was going to go like either 2008, 2011, or 2017. I think it's probably going to end up resembling 2009, with BAC playing the role of Crown.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jameseuph said:

This means Troopers will draw the 10th, 11th, or 12th place performance spot in prelims. That’s huge!

Don't forget the averaging over all the regionals.

18 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I think if people got to hear judges’ tapes they’d respect them more. I don’t think their scores are random. I think they’re undoubtedly imperfect,  but I think they tend to want to be generous, sharp, and constructive. Things like GE are a lot less mysterious when you hear what they’re actually talking about.  

I still wonder why people seem especially hard on the judges this year. 

3 reasons: (drum roll Anton)

#3.  We didn't get to do it in 2020 or 2021

#2. They ARE judges

#1. We ARE DCP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope J. Missing will not be making an appearance during finals week.

21 minutes ago, charlie1223 said:

Excuse me but this doesn’t fit the DCP narrative even though it’s settled doctrine that Allentown scores are comparable night to night and there is multi-decade precedent of this. 

There is not. Good grief, we say it for a reason. You cannot compare scores from different nights. It doesn't matter if the judging panel is the same. Everything else is different. They are comparing different corps, which leads them to their numbers. They cannot compare BD last night to Crown tonight. It's entirely impossible. There has never been any type of doctrine set at Allentown and it's absurd to claim so.

Edited by henry7184
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

There is not. Good grief, we say it for a reason. You cannot compare scores from different nights. It doesn't matter if the judging panel is the same. Everything else is different. They are comparing different corps, which leads them to their numbers. They cannot compare BD last night to Crown tonight. It's entirely impossible. There has never been any type of doctrine set at Allentown and it's absurd to claim so.

Are you brand new?

• Like 3