Monday, August 8th “DCI Open Class Championship Prelims” Wildcat Football Stadium at Indiana Wesleyan University Marion, INDIANA

i am so proud of the Battalion. they really put in the hours. i saw them at corps encore, their first performance this season and i knew right then their season would be great. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

their percussion staff is immaculate. the writing for their cymbals is especially notable. i know one of the cymbal players and they literally went from good to great in about 1 month under the direction of Btal's percussion staff. they teach fast and great and it shows this year especially. 

Yeah.  Hence my "are they getting staff from an indoor unit that's attracting players used to working together?"  It's notable

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Yeah.  Hence my "are they getting staff from an indoor unit that's attracting players used to working together?"  It's notable

i don't think they are getting staff from indoor, i could be wrong though. they are on the cheaper side and have a pretty decent following considering their size and status, which pushes people to want to join. it helps they are Utah based as well, as a lot of Utah high school band programs have great percussion writers and directors who push students to pursue Battalion. i know mine does. 

Oh that ballad hit comes in nicely.   

Also Legends/Southwind is where the current cut for semi's is unless Surf and Battalion catch fire, then they're in the mix on Thursday too.