Monday, August 8th “DCI Open Class Championship Prelims” Wildcat Football Stadium at Indiana Wesleyan University Marion, INDIANA

1 minute ago, Ashontheinternet said:

i don't think they are getting staff from indoor, i could be wrong though. they are on the cheaper side and have a pretty decent following considering their size and status, which pushes people to want to join. it helps they are Utah based as well, as a lot of Utah high school band programs have great percussion writers and directors who push students to pursue Battalion. i know mine does. 

Cool.  American Fork is about the only Utah band I can recall off the top of my head. But that's not my area of the country either. 

• Like 1

legends, another corps with 18 horns that sounds/looks like a lot more

• Like 3

Is my brain playing a trick or did those prop pictures get a color makeover?  

Also whom are they?  I couldn't quite get the narration clearly 

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Cool.  American Fork is about the only Utah band I can recall off the top of my head. But that's not my area of the country either. 

American Fork is an amazing band. i have had the opportunity of meeting and speaking with staff and members. pretty cool folks. my only issue is that they take themselves too seriously, lol. my high school is climbing the ranks now too. we won state champs in our division last season, and are on track to do it again (assuming the 20% member increase doesn't put us into a new division). Utah is lucky to be full of amazing music programs.

Oh wow. It's. a tribute show to three people connected to the corps who died since their last season.

https://legendspaa.org/f/legends-2022-presents-may-your-light-shine-forever

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

May Your Light Shine Forever is a celebration of life for three individuals that were lost too soon. “When it came time to relaunch Legends, I wanted to bring a product that embodies our history and values,” says Ibe Sodawalla, CEO & Corps Director. Since our last performance in August 2019, we lost three individuals who shared our values, touched Legends in significant ways, and their impact to the organization is forever lasting. Our design team put together a product that showcases each segment with inspiration from the loved ones of each individual. Legends 2022 has 60 members (57 new and 3 vets) who have grown quickly to understand the meaning of our organization and look forward to performing this memorable and personal production.”

In Memoriam:

John Koh (volunteer/father)

James Pluth (composer/audio supervisor)

Jason Fritz (assistant director)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1