Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Send it to Texas. Unfortunately it's Rhode Island and I do have family in Wilmington, DE.... they aren't used to stuff like that. My heart goes out to yall! I really hope they aren't purposely going out for "fun" right now. Lots of nasty germs in those waters. 

Rhode Island Avenue...in DC.  We like to confuse everyone by having streets named for states.   It's flash flooding.  It's been a problem in spots around town cause the infrastructure is aging and not being kept up.  SO the more frequent these deluges the more of this is happening.  

There's also aereal flooding that happens along Ohio Drive and the Old Alexandria waterfront when we get rain + high tide.  That's more about the water level rising though.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Rhode Island Avenue...in DC.  We like to confuse everyone by having streets named for states.   It's flash flooding.  It's been a problem in spots around town cause the infrastructure is aging and not being kept up.  SO the more frequent these deluges the more of this is happening.  

There's also aereal flooding that happens along Ohio Drive and the Old Alexandria waterfront when we get rain + high tide.  That's more about the water level rising though.  

Plus you have all the NE/NW/SE/SW thing going on 

My yearly pre-finals drum corps binge has begun. I’m so excited for this weekend 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

It's a spot not too far from me where the storm sewers just haven't worked right for a long time.  The past few weeks we've gotten big downpours and this area has just gotten absurdly flooded with backwash.  

The businesses there have been hollering about the storm sewers for some time and not getting attention.  I suspect this video is gonna be on your news before long as they've gone to social media to shame the city administrators into action at this point.

THere's a less dramatic spot out in front of my campus on Florida Avenue.  But they've been out there the past couple weeks at that spot doing.....something.  So I don't know if it flooded today.   I was walking home when this one opened up.   Had my umbrella but still got pretty much soaked from the waist down.  

My daughter lives there. Just moved to a new apartment and they have water in the lobby today! 

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Plus you have all the NE/NW/SE/SW thing going on 

yarp.  If you go to the wrong quadrant for my place you're at a fancy hotel. 

• Haha 2

Just now, DWW11 said:

My daughter lives there. Just moved to a new apartment and they have water in the lobby today! 

Oh god. Ugh. Sorry to hear. 

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Oh god. Ugh. Sorry to hear. 

No worries. First apartment that she isn’t on the main/first floor, thank goodness!  

And it is still thundering out there.  The deluge is less now though.   It's been quite a bit of water. We've had 3-4 inches in that burst and 1-2 inches more possible with this round.  

• Sad 2