Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

HELL IS EMPTY AND THE DEVILS ARE HERE! SHOWTIME! DO IT UP DEVILS!

Another scorched field …… sorry

uh oh, she cracked the mello solo 2 nights in a row

• Confused 1

That mello soloist hasn't nailed that solo all season...... and the Jazz run STILL has feet in the sound. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

You did.  You have the receipt. 

Unfortunately I can't prove it.  It was a gut feeling all along. 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iPlaydaTuba said:

Can someone explain the ending for me?

I'm just taking a stab at it, it shows the expulsion from the garden. The taking away of the purple cloth is taking away their dominion over creation originally given to them by God. The red cloth covering them is blood...meaning death now has dominion over them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 27Socal said:

uh oh, she cracked the mello solo 2 nights in a row

I dont think she has gotten it once this year

• Sad 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I was wondering if the red flag represents the blood of Christ? 

That read works.

But also red is used as the passionate color with the tango too.  So...it's their sin chasing them out works too.

The corruption of Paradise for Milton (which is not really a biblical or theological read) was achieved by a rebel angel who gathered an army that got busted and they were thrown out.  So he looked over the animals and chose the snake to tempt the couple.  

This worked because...in the B plot line, Adam's love for Eve was becoming corrupted by the presence of the fallen rebels and not entirely 'pure'. So the Archangel Raphael was telling him, "Dood, its gotta be pure."  But the fall from 'knowledge' (which means sexual knowledge to Milton) led to the ultimate corruption through the couple. 

So the only way to reestablish Paradise in some regard was to expel them.  Even then, Paradise was forever 'Lost' as the absence of the couple may have purified it of their sin (the sexy sexy red) but also left Paradise without part of its intended creation. 

Hence the need for the Christological angle of redemption and restoration as foreshadowed but not concluded theme in Milton's poem.

It's really literally ALL there in Boston's show and sparkling to me now.  

• Like 2