Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Hope the soloist in the opener nails it tomorrow night. Small moments of intonation issues but hard to blame them for small mistakes when you see their horn book. Other corps are simply not taking the same risks in their horn books that BD is in regards to the register they’re asking the entire corps to play in during some very exposed moments. Bloo, Crown, and BAC have some very rhythmically challenging music in their books, but much of it is being played in keys and registers that are much easier to tune. I’m in awe that BD has gotten it this clean, congrats BD and hoping for their best run yet tomorrow! 

We all know that clean kills come finals week, right? If so, why write in such a register if intonation and the like could be the tenth of a point that knocks you out of a title? While bold and ballsy, is it worth the risk? It's like the Seahawks passing in the Super Bowl when they had Beast Mode and pissing away victory...a little too cute by half possibly?

7 minutes ago, KPinCAL said:

Anyone else see a bari player out of step for about 7/8 counts? Never see that from BD

Along with a stunning....Rifle Drop. Yikes.

5 minutes ago, craiga said:

Fun fact: the only drum corps still in existence whom the Boston Crusaders has never beaten is the Blue Devils.

Yet

• Thanks 3

Top six are all peaking at the same time, and you really can’t fault the execution. Some shows are simply better designed and/or more fun but they are really all as good as the activity gets.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

uh oh, she cracked the mello solo 2 nights in a row

19 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

That mello soloist hasn't nailed that solo all season...... and the Jazz run STILL has feet in the sound. 

19 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I dont think she has gotten it once this year

I am a bass drummer with only high school experience, but how does this even happen? Also I get that it's hard but maybe then someone else should do it instead of her? Maybe it's just me, but if I was a director and a soloist was messing up for at least two weeks in a row, let alone a whole season, I would just switch them with someone else. Surely she would understand it's for the good of the group, no? 

• Like 2

Just now, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

So an accidental Sondheim theme for them?

"Presenting their 2023 show, Accidental Sondheim, DCI is proud to present..." 

That could actually work you know. 

• Like 1

What a great moment for the Vanguard Cadets kids.   They will never forget this.

• Like 4