Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

Nice roar from the crowd at the conclusion of the first movement. Now, a trombone soloist with modulated sound introduces the next section. Get ready for the tubas to lay down some sweet walking bass lines.

• Like 2

Phantoms brass must have had the shrimp cocktail at st Elmo’s cause they’re on fire

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Phantom is no stranger to jazz and, while this is not a strictly jazz composition, it has a great groove, which Phantom really gets into.

• Like 1

Gosh Phantom your music has me on my feet already. Such fire!

• Like 2

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

Phantoms brass must have had the shrimp cocktail at st Elmo’s cause they’re on fire

Now I want shrimp cocktail.

• Haha 4

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

I feel like phantom brass has one dynamic FFF

hell ya, Fat Frickin Forte

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Phillygwm said:

When Boston sang Con Te Partiro...just before the age of amps.  Don't recall the year.  But yeah, aside from that, nada.

2000. Red. You could hear a pin drop in College Park as they approached that section with people waiting to hear it.

• Like 3

Nothing like fondling a girl as she plays trombone. Not sure what any of that is even about. If I were her grandma, I'd be down on the field kicking some color guard butt.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

No, but of course you know that was hyperbole, a shortcut way to illustrate the point. You're not an obtuse person.

For 13 years there have been negotiations and discussions between the customer (DCI) and the vendor (LOS). Plenty of time for the customer to make its needs known, and for the vendor to communicate what it can provide for the price. 

Of COURSE LOS never said it planned to provide substandard service. No vendor ever does.

At the same time, the customer never asks for substandard service. The customer expects its needs will be met. DCI has 13 years of assurances from LOS that its needs will be met.

DCI had an expectation, had a right to expect -- had a signed contract affirming that expectation -- that the vendor would satisfactorily meet DCI's needs on Saturday, Aug. 14, 2022.

So what happens when the needs are not met? The customer raises hell. As the customer should. And if DCI did not, then it's on DCI for failing to fight for their own customers and demand the service to which their contract entitles them, in the name of making its own customers happy.

As it worked out, it appears DCI was not all that panicked, and felt a simple 10-minute push would be sufficient. I guess that's their call; I'm not there. Perhaps LOS did recognize the need, and scrambled when necessary. The debrief meeting will clarify all that, I suspect.

Bottom line: LOS runs the joint, but DCI is hiring the joint and when the hired hands are not doing the job, DCI has the right (and the obligation to its own customers) to step up and manage the situation. 

Raising hell doesn’t just miraculously make staff appear. 

we have really gotten so #### me nervous me instant gratification in the world the last few years.