2023 Season Predictions

Man, this is great! Not only have I got everyone telling me Cadets don't stand a chance, but I stand to make $180 when they prove everyone wrong!

In all seriousness though, it's cool, I knew no one would take my prediction seriously because us dci fans never do. We're always stuck in using what happened last year to predict what will happen this year, whenever nine times out of ten what happened the previous year has little bearing other than being able to say someone who got 15th in 2022 probably won't win in 2023. 

Craiga's example above is perfect for what I mean. He's the only person on this thread that accurately predicted the top 6 for last year, and everyone thought he was crazy. I remember some people said Boston wouldn't even make the top 6, and at best would get 4th. For me, I've been around the Cadets for a long time and around them a lot this off-season. I'm telling everyone that this corps is amazing this year, the music is stellar, the visuals are modern while still being authentic to the Cadets style, and the staff and membership are more driven than they have been in over a decade. 

I could very well be wrong, like everyone has already pointed out, but I think this Cadets corps will shock many people and could sneak up and win it all. I guess only time will tell. If I end up being right I expect that $180 for some finals night drinks!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, CadetDood said:

For me, I've been around the Cadets for a long time and around them a lot this off-season. I'm telling everyone that this corps is amazing this year, the music is stellar, the visuals are modern while still being authentic to the Cadets style, and the staff and membership are more driven than they have been in over a decade. 

I could very well be wrong, like everyone has already pointed out, but I think this Cadets corps will shock many people and could sneak up and win it all. I guess only time will tell. If I end up being right I expect that $180 for some finals night drinks!

I've enjoyed that the 2023 Cadets seem be to flying under everyone's radar.   

For the first time in a while, I do think that they have a show that can contend for a medal.   

I can't wait to see them on the field.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ykw said:

I've enjoyed that the 2023 Cadets seem be to flying under everyone's radar.   

For the first time in a while, I do think that they have a show that can contend for a medal.   

I can't wait to see them on the field.

I've heard that they're gunning for top 3 THIS year.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I'm assuming all corps a gunning for the top 3 if not the top spot.

Exactly.  At this point every Corps is so much better than last season, and gunning for top 3.  When the season starts we’ll see how the so much betters rank against each other.  

• Like 1

On 5/8/2023 at 9:31 AM, CadetDood said:

Man, this is great! Not only have I got everyone telling me Cadets don't stand a chance, but I stand to make $180 when they prove everyone wrong!

In all seriousness though, it's cool, I knew no one would take my prediction seriously because us dci fans never do. We're always stuck in using what happened last year to predict what will happen this year, whenever nine times out of ten what happened the previous year has little bearing other than being able to say someone who got 15th in 2022 probably won't win in 2023. 

Craiga's example above is perfect for what I mean. He's the only person on this thread that accurately predicted the top 6 for last year, and everyone thought he was crazy. I remember some people said Boston wouldn't even make the top 6, and at best would get 4th. For me, I've been around the Cadets for a long time and around them a lot this off-season. I'm telling everyone that this corps is amazing this year, the music is stellar, the visuals are modern while still being authentic to the Cadets style, and the staff and membership are more driven than they have been in over a decade. 

I always pay my debts. And I will be in Indy. If you end up being right, I will pay you directly and buy you whatever drink you want. 

Cadets are still one of the big dawgs of DCI. It would be freaking awesome to see them back in the top three killing it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I'm assuming all corps a gunning for the top 3 if not the top spot.

Yeah, well I was explicitly told that by a staff person, so, yeah, all corps are implicitly gunning for their highest position, but the corps that "I" have explicitly heard say that they were gunning for top 3 in the past were Star of Indiana ( in 1989) that was part of their 3 year plan to win DCI. 

They executed.

Bluecoats in the 2010s.

They executed.

Boston Crusaders here recently.

Check.

Carolina Crown in the 2010s.

They hit it.

Get the idea?

If Cadets' staff are sniffing top 3 vapors, then maybe they got something cooking in Erie? 

On 5/8/2023 at 12:01 PM, craiga said:

On 5/29/22, when I predicted BAC in second on the 2022 Prediction Thread after seeing them in Vermont, you accused me of also smoking good stuff.  How'd that work out for you?

For the record, my prediction then was:

1. BD

2. BOSTON 

3. BLOO

4.CROWN

5.SCV

6. CADETS

You can look it up.

well were you smoking the good stuff?  Only answer if its legal obviously :ninja:

On 5/8/2023 at 12:31 PM, CadetDood said:

Ill also add breadsticks from Killroys which is better than money!  ❤️