2023 Season Predictions

I predict BD is going to win again, even though everyone will like Bluecoats and Bostons show better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ContraFart said:

I predict BD is going to win again, even though everyone will like Bluecoats and Bostons show better. 

Agreed

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 12:16 AM, Chief Guns said:

Upon Crowd Engagement being added to the sheets, BDs staff acknowledges the addition, proceeds to design a crowd engaging show to max out that caption (SINCE THEY PLAY TO THE SHEETS), BD goes on to finish top two for the 15th consecutive DCI season...................ABBD crowd thinking they had BD sunk and destroyed, can't handle what's happening.

Let's get a live look outside Lucas Oil Stadium Finals Night 2023 after score announcements and check in on members of the ABBD crowd...............................

trey-tre.gif

Judging by the repertoire played at camp, this very well might happen this year.

4 hours ago, ContraFart said:

I want to see Boston win, and if not Boston Bloo, if not Bloo Crown, if not Crown Cadets, if not Cadets Phantom. If history repeats itself and you take into account there was no 2020 season and BD did not participate in Indy in 2021, 2023 will be a “threepeat” opportunity and Blue Devils haven’t “threepeated” so BD may not win. However if Blue Devils win, I am sure I will enjoy Boston’s show which I think will be intriguing and Bloo never disappoints.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I want to see Boston win, and if not Boston Bloo, if not Bloo Crown, if not Crown Cadets, if not Cadets Phantom. If history repeats itself and you take into account there was no 2020 season and BD did not participate in Indy in 2021, 2023 will be a “threepeat” opportunity and Blue Devils haven’t “threepeated” so BD may not win. However if Blue Devils win, I am sure I will enjoy Boston’s show which I think will be intriguing and Bloo never disappoints.

Isn't it easier to just say anybody but BD. Lol.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Isn't it easier to just say anybody but BD. Lol.

Not always. In the past ten years I loved both 2014 and 2015, thought 2017 had some amazing moments, and was surprised 2018 didn’t have more success (though most don’t consider 2nd unsuccessful), especially where “When a Man Loves a Woman” may have been the most popular musical moment of the year. 

I never underestimate Blue Devils or rule them out, and can imagine the debates in late August and September of whether it is a true threepeat since if it should happen it will be three consecutive wins but not in three chronological years. I do think where BAC and Bloo were evenly matched in the exhibition year with two nights of being tied in 2022, Bloo and BAC will be the two to watch this summer.

8 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Not always. In the past ten years I loved both 2014 and 2015, thought 2017 had some amazing moments, and was surprised 2018 didn’t have more success (though most don’t consider 2nd unsuccessful), especially where “When a Man Loves a Woman” may have been the most popular musical moment of the year. 

I never underestimate Blue Devils or rule them out, and can imagine the debates in late August and September of whether it is a true threepeat since if it should happen it will be three consecutive wins but not in three chronological years. I do think where BAC and Bloo were evenly matched in the exhibition year with two nights of being tied in 2022, Bloo and BAC will be the two to watch this summer.

Personally, if BD was to win in 2023, i would say it's a threepeat. 

BD had no control over COVID sweeping the planet like it did. And BD did not miss a competitive DCI season.

Now if 2021 was a competitive season, and DCI handed out scores, placements, gave out medals and a champion was crowned on finals night, that would be a different story. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Personally, if BD was to win in 2023, i would say it's a threepeat. 

BD had no control over COVID sweeping the planet like it did. And BD did not miss a competitive DCI season.

Now if 2021 was a competitive season, and DCI handed out scores, placements, gave out medals and a champion was crowned on finals night, that would be a different story. 

Of course, it's a 3peat. There was no season in 2020 and no competitive season in 2021. I don't think anyone will say differently. Otherwise, they will have to say who won in 2020 and 2021. 

Edited by DFA1970
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Of course, it's a 3peat. There was no season in 2020 and no competitive season in 2021. I don't think anyone will say differently. Otherwise, they will have to say who won in 2020 and 2021. 

Oh there will be some who will say otherwise lol. If BD wins..........standby lol. But you are absolutely correct it would be a threepeat. 

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Oh there will be some who will say otherwise lol. If BD wins..........standby lol. But you are absolutely correct it would be a threepeat. 

I agree with you, Chief. If BD wins, it would absolutely be a threepeat. If Boston Crusaders beat BD at any point this season, it will be the first time they have ever beaten our friends from Concord, as well as beating the only drum corps still in existence whom BAC has never outscored. 

If Boston were to win on Saturday night, it would be their first National Championship in over 50 years. If they do not, our members, staff, and alumni will still celebrate the fact that this will have been our 83rd year of continuous badassery.

Best of luck to the Blue Devils (and everyone else).

• Like 4