2023 Season Predictions

5 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

But they never closed the gap. Sure, they narrowed the gap, but the never closed it. That's the whole point I'm making. I never said a 1.5 gap is impossible to narrow, I said close, and they didn't close it.

Show me a corps, after 2008, that overcame a deficit to BD of 1 or more points (at any time in the season) and beat them at finals. You won't find one.

I will be elated if I am wrong. I welcome everyone to call me on August 13th if BD doesn't win. I will be so happy to eat crow, say I'm wrong, I didn't know what I was talking about, I have no clue, and never listen to me again. To me, BD not winning would be worth all of that. BD not winning would make me happy. I want someone else to win. I want Boston or Bluecoats to win. 1. because it would be awesome to have a new champion, and 2. I love the Bluecoats show. I want to be wrong. But, I don't think I am. 

So, if you truly want Boston or Bluecoats to win, you could start by not stating several times a day on multiple threads that it is absolutely impossible for BD to be overtaken.   It is interesting that none of the tried and true BD supporters on dcp engage in such acrimony.  I'm  sure they all believe BD will win; they simply have the good grace to not assault the rest if us with such obnoxious bravado.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, iggymen said:

Finally saw Blue Devils live...and wow.  Couple things... no one is catching them... and they will win high brass.. not crown.  Holy cow.  At this point I do think they will win by 2 points..or close to it.   I am always rooting for Bluecoats, Crown and the Cavies.... but the proof is in the puddin' (so to speak).  

1. Blue Devils by 1.5 to 2  (GE, Visual, Brass, Guard, Percusion)..captions sweep

2. Bluecoats  (I think the will outpace Boston in visual and brass... and edge them for the silver)

3. Boston Crusaders (need to have something else on their heads or nothing at all... the visual package from uniforms to staging seems to be not well thought out)  

4. Carolina Crown (why am i still not getting into this show... the story is not fun or exciting enough to connect)

5. Mandarins (they continue to get better and i have to say.. this show is packed with some interesting moments

6. Phantom (show has a lot of visual... confusion for me.. and is missing some difficulty) musically this show does not transition as seamlessly as those above them.

7. Cavaliers (it's obvious they are working really hard..and it will be close between them and Cadets)

8. Cadets (omg, i have seen them live so many times...since 1982... always seems to be some level of thrill for me.).. the staging for the show is designed to hide dirt until something is thrown in the air... and then you see the dirt.  i hope this show gets clean and they make some changes.  we need them back in the top 5

9. Bluestars (not much i can say..i keep looking away.)

10. Colts (this show gets better every time I see it... and.. i think they will potentially place ahead of Bluestars)

11. Troopers (i have the small version of this wind chime in the backyard...it is pretty cool)  Perc is so good this year...   Trooper is another corp placing a little higher than they would normally simply due to SCV being out. 

12. Blue Knights / Pacific Crest (possibly Troopers)   

I love your explanations. I don't agree with everything, but these are the kind of predictions I miss seeing from most people. Keep it up!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

But they never closed the gap. 

But actually they did close the 1.5 point gap.. You posted.. " I think it ( 1.50 point spread ) is an insurmountable margin when its BD thats holding that margin on you. Thats a HUGE amount. 1.50 points is not a small margin. Its mammouth. "   But Boston DID close that 1.50 point gap, on BD and did so in 11 days.  Your rationale as to why Boston catching BD was" impossible" was that " "massive 1.50 point gap " you said.

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, craiga said:

So, if you truly want Boston or Bluecoats to win, you could start by not stating several times a day on multiple threads that it is absolutely impossible for BD to be overtaken.   It is interesting that none of the tried and true BD supporters on dcp engage in such acrimony.  I'm  sure they all believe BD will win; they simply have the good grace to not assault the rest if us with such obnoxious bravado.

Then stop commenting. It's called a discussion. If you want me to stop talking about then stop commenting.

4 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

But actually they did close the 1.5 point gap.. You posted.. " I think it ( 1.50 point spread ) is an insurmountable margin when its BD thats holding that margin on you. Thats a HUGE amount. 1.50 points is not a small margin. Its mammouth. "   But Boston DID close that 1.50 point gap, and did so in 11 days.  Your rationale as to why Boston catching BD was" impossible" was that " "massive 1.50 point gap ".. 

Ok. I know where you stand. I know where I stand. Let's leave it and see how it all plays out.

16 minutes ago, craiga said:

Yeah.. he did post he is " 1,000 % right ", and thats a bit much. I mean... really... lol😊 

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

Yeah.. he did post he is " 1,000 times correct ", and thats a bit much. I mean... really... lol😊 

I think you and @craiga should just ignore me. It will be best if we all just ignore each other.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I know you're all mad because Boston's going to be 3rd or 4th and you're taking it out on me. 

Thats because it could be the end of the world as we know it, if God forbid, that happened.😊

Edited by Boss Anova

1 hour ago, Vuitton said:

What I would be interested to know, and I'm admittedly too lazy to figure this out myself is - When is the last time BD beat a corps by 1.5 points at their first meeting and lost to them at finals? It's probably 2008. I just think 1.5 is an insurmountable spread for anyone to conquer when it comes to BD.

I wanted Vanguard to win so bad in 2017 and they were behind BD by mere tenths, and occasionally less than a tenth, all season, and could never beat them.

I would love to see finals be 1) Bluecoats/Boston, 2) Boston/Bluecoats/Crown, 3) Crown/Boston and 4) BD, but I just think BD is going to win out.

From what I can tell, it is indeed 2008. BD first faced Phantom on July 3 in San Diego, CA. BD won with 83.300 over Phantom's 81.600.

• Like 1